Thursday, February 10, 2011

Big Ben & Westminster Abbey

After we finished looking all over St. Paul's, we hopped on the Tube and headed towards Westminster. We got out of the Tube station and did a lil self-portrait with the Thames in the background:

And then we turned around and lo! Big Ben!

Lee took like 20 pictures to make sure he'd get a double-decker bus in it :)

He also took these pics, and I can't decide if I like the one above or the one below better...

We walked down the street a little towards Westminster Abbey and got this photo, I think this is the Houses of Parliament or St. Stephen's or something...I left my guidebook at home ;)

And here's the front of Westminster Abbey. It closes to tourists at 1:00 on Saturdays, so we'll have to check it out again some other time. For now though, we just walked around the outside and took a few architectural photos.




I liked this one :) (above)

Lee thought this one was cool because of the dude's chain mail. And that was pretty much all we got to see of Westminster. I do still have a few London photos left to post, but I'm stringing them out a bit, he!

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, all the architectural detail -- isn't that something? I just loved these photos.

So glad it's FRIDAY tomorrow. It's been a LOOOOOOONG week. Love you, Kiddo! Mom

Giffysk8s said...

I agree with your mom`love the architectural detail, especially the chain mail!

Your self-portraits always turn out so good. Lee must have very long arms! LOL

Have you ridden atop a double decker bus yet?

Can't wait to see the next round of photos!

Thoughts by B and M said...

I love the "above" picture! So glad you are getting out and about and enjoying your first few months England!!!!