Friday, March 11, 2011

Back to Paper Crafts

Ok, I got a couple votes for me sharing my more recent paper crafting escapades, so that's what I've got today. If we have nice weather tomorrow like we do today, Lee and I will go take a walk around the village and take some photos for my next post.

Anyway, my buddy Liz has a birthday coming up (whaddya know, she's turning 29 too!) so I gave her a birthday present a little bit early, including this card:

I just got some new stamps so I'm having fun playing with them :) I used this week's Just Add Ink sketch challenge for this card. I gave Liz a bunch of scrapbooking supplies for her birthday, including a pack of the Sunny Garden paper I used on this card so this, like, totally coordinates {said in my, like, totally cool Valley Girl accent}.

And I even stamped the inside panel too, just in case she forgot this was meant to be a birthday card ;)

This card (actually, 10 cards like this) was made using the Clean & Simple sketch for the week, although I left off the button from the sketch so it would be flat to mail. I love the sketches on that blog, I've used several and I always have more ideas for how to use them than I have time to complete :)

And this one was made for this week's color challenge on SCS. I'm glad the color challenges have gotten back to actually having COLORS, as in multiple hues...for a long time it seemed like all they had was one color and two neutrals, which I think gets boring after a while. But that's my opinion, and I don't host the challenge.

Made a set of these for Lee to send out after his birthday; again, really flat card other than the knot in the ribbon. The post office here can be a little iffy on sending anything bumpy through the mail. I have to say, I am totally in love with the new blue that Stampin' Up introduced last year, Marina Mist. Totally awesome color. Now they just need to bring back a couple of purples and a good teal color.

I made a set of these cards to send out after my birthday in January, using that same Marina Mist color (told you I was in love with it). I was really happy with how these cards turned out so I'm glad I made several. I always seem to be in need of thank you cards so usually I make more than one at a time (6, 8, or 10 of a design).

I think I also mentioned that I'd started scrapbooking again although Liz is kicking my behind when it comes to how many pages we've done. Well, up until last month, this was the only layout I had completed in my 2009 album:

Now it's got some company!

Our first (and last) whale watching expedition, when I saw not one stinkin' whale but did do a spectacular job of throwing up my toenails, ick I know.

Looooooooove these photos, and I have extra copies of almost all of them. I printed out all the photos on this layout and the one below in both 4x6 and 3.25x5 sizes since I didn't know how I was going to do the pages; I think I'll see if I can find some collage frames and use the extra ones to decorate my craft room. (Sadly, the big orchid photo I already had printed out fell over earlier this week and the glass broke, so now I need to find a place to get new glass for it. At least the frame and the photo aren't damaged.)

The only journaling on this page is a Georgia O'Keeffe quote: "When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment." Seemed appropriate to me since I've always called my floral photography my Georgia O'Keeffe-style pictures.

And the last one I did is from Lee's birthday that year. I've got another layout that's almost finished, just need to do the title and journaling, which is what I plan to do once I get this post published.

Guess what else I've got?

Purple curtains! Liz and I did a quick trip today up to Thetford to buy a couple of things, so I also got some new light bulbs which means all the lights in here work now too. For a wonder, the sun was shining really brightly through the window when I was trying to take pictures, which made things difficult. Maybe it would work better if I tried taking a photo in the morning when I don't get direct light in here. Took me a while to work out the pleat thing on the top, but I eventually figured it out. I'm not 100% sure that these are the ones I was looking at to start with, but they work. The curtains in the master bedroom and the guest room are both pretty well worn out, so I'll just have to keep my eye open for some to put in those rooms.

For an extra bit of awesomeness in your day, check out Jen's post over on Epbot. I love it! Though I think I'll stay indoors cuddled up with my Tauntaun sleeping bag; its a heck of a lot warmer than playing in the snow, even if the snow is in the form of an Imperial AT-AT.

8 comments:

Liz Guidry said...

Did I mention that I lurve my birthday goodies?! Thanks again! Your scrap space is coming along nicely. It is way more cheerful than my 'boring' base walls in my craft room :( Too bad they didn't have my sign *sigh* Guess we'll have to find some matching ones for BOTH of our rooms. hehe

CCsMom said...

Hey, you know what? I LOVE those little Japanesey girls on that first scrapbook layout. They are SO CUTE! And yes, I can tell your curtains are eggplant colored. Coolness. No, Dad would NOT let me do that to any room in our house. Oh well -- maybe my other favorite color -- blue. Your old room isn't on the radar yet to tackle, so I'll just enjoy the purple stenciled flowers around the top of the walls. Ha!
Love you!

Giffysk8s said...

LOVE the purplicious room!!!

Love all of your scrapbooks layouts, too. Yours are so well planned. Mine are impulsive. Maybe haphazard is a better word. :) I remember how much you love the blue and orange combo~it was perfect for the whale watching photos! I really love the orchid layouts~just too beautiful!!! I love all of the tulips in the Boston Garden in April. I may just copy this layout!

Have a fun weekend, Miss C!

Amber Hight said...

PURPLE-ICIOUS! LOOVE the color of your crafty room, I could DEFINATELY scrap in there;)
HEY LOOK, I made it into your scrapbook!! w00t!!! That was so sad that you couldn't see the whales though, you were quite stubborn and didn't want to leave the belly of the boat, even though I'm sure you would have gotten better if you had! STINKER!;)
The pages are gorgeous Chris, so are the cards! I miss stamping with you!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the simplicity and the colours of the gorgeous card you made for Just ADD Ink. Thanks for playing.

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely card and colours Christy and nicely done inside, thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Jodene said...

Beautiful card for the JAI challenge, the colours look beautiful together!

Thoughts by B and M said...

Yea! You're crafting again! Love it - and love the purple! Seems like you all are finally a "home" i England....if only we could tell the AF we needed to be there....