Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Mom's New Favorite Picture

So, since I was a very bad blogger last fall while I was back in Texas, I never posted any pictures from stuff like Thanksgiving, and for some reason today seems like the day to post one. Behold, my mom's new favorite picture:

That's me and my brother, Adam. I took this picture of us on Thanksgiving Day in between running back and forth cooking and things (the black around my neck is apron strings). You know what? We both have the same goofy smile. I don't think that we've ever been told we look alike though--we managed to get on opposite sides of the gene pool. Anyway, I printed out some pictures to make Christmas presents for my friends Misty and Chris, so I printed this photo out for my mom at the same time; I don't think she even knew it existed till I did that. And now it lives on her desk at work.

For the Christmas presents, I got some frames with three spots for 4x6 photos, and then printed out the following three pictures:

Taken at Chris's wedding.

Now you know what my wedding dress looked like.

And Misty's wedding...we used the same venue for our wedding receptions.

Anyway, Misty, Chris and I have been great friends since high school. The three of us really started hanging out together when we all had our senior English class together, and ever since then we always get together anytime we're all back "home" at the same time. Chris lives in California now and of course I move everywhere, but Misty still lives within an hour of where we all grew up. And every time we get together, we always take photos, so several years ago I started some little 6x6 scrapbooks for the three of us and I mail them new pages when we take more photos together. Which reminds me, I need to do the ones from last year and send those. But anyway, of course we all went to each other's weddings, so I thought this would be a really neat thing for each of us to have.

This concludes today's random post :)

7 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

You and your brother look like you were having a fun time!

What a great idea about the Christmas gifts~loved by all, I am sure!

Amber Hight said...

Aww! I love these pictures Christy! You were (and still are!) such a beautiful bride! I love your dress:) I agree, you and your brother don't have many similarities (which is probably good, I'm sure he doesn't want to be called pretty, hee! He's handsome!) but you do have the same smile:) Miss you...

Amber Hight said...

Also, you totally look like Hilary Swank in that picture of Misty's wedding! I love her, she's beautiful;)

adifrog said...

I agree with BOTH of Amber's posts--you look like Hilary Swank, and Adam IS handsome. ;)

Liz Guidry said...

What a great idea, Christy! And I also agree with Amber :)

CCsMom said...

Yes, that is my new favorite picture. And I think my daughter is beautiful and my son handsome!!! And this picture greets me every single day at my desk. GREAT gift, Christy!!! Love you!

Charisse said...

Awwww I love the three different pictures of the three of you at each of your weddings. It makes me smile!!! Toby and I are the same way. I always get together with her when I am "home." In fact, I usually stay with her when I go home so that I don't have to stay at my parent's house with all the crazy dogs!!!