Friday, April 1, 2011

Keep Calm and Carry On

That's my belated birthday present from Liz :) I loooooooooove these posters. Most often you see it on red, but occasionally other colors and I thought this aqua would look good in my craft room...I'm waiting to hang it up until I get "real" furniture in here so I put a minimum of holes in the walls. Thanks, Liz! It's gonna look faaaaaaabulous.

We've also seen similar posters that say "Now Panic and Freak Out", "Keep Calm and Eat a Cupcake" (which has a cupcake in place of the crown), and "Freedom is in Peril, Defend it With All Your Might" (I like that one too). Anyway, Keep Calm and Freedom is in Peril were originally printed in the lead-up to World War II and nowadays you see these in pretty much every souvenir shop I've come across so far.

I did manage to do two more scrapbook pages yesterday:


Photos are from my first 29th birthday *sly wink* I don't own the Bella stamp I used on here; Amber sent me a bunch of stamped images for my birthday this year and that's where that one came from. After coloring it in, I kinda want some rad pillows like the ones in the stamp.

I'm thinking about doing an addendum to my scrapbooks, sort of like "The Rest of the Story". No matter how much I write on the scrapbook pages themselves, I can't fit in everything I remember about most of the stuff I scrap, so I thought it might be fun to have a typewritten document tucked into the back of the scrapbook that goes into more depth. I could even just copy what I write on my blog for some things. Sound like a cool idea?

Anyway, it's the first weekend of the month, so we're going to London but probably on Sunday this time. And I think we're going to the British Museum this time, which I'm sure will fill me with all kinds of nerdy glee. I like museums, I'm okay with my nerdiness. And my geekitude.

Oh hey, I just remembered today is Sadie's birthday! And she didn't even get a treat today, but that's because both she and Vader acted up on our walk today. Maybe I should give her one tonight for her birthday...and Vader too 'cause that's only fair. He was still in the States and we were here on his birthday.

3 comments:

Liz Guidry said...

Ooooohhhh - it looks purty up next to your walls :)

Amber Hight said...

LOVE that poster, how fab! And the layout is great, love those happy bday colors!!! Also, I think it's a great idea to add more journaling and tuck it behind the page, tell the WHOLE story and leave nothing out;)

Giffysk8s said...

Looks like it was a fun birthday! And I say go for the extra pages in the back. I've actually done that quite a bit. Love the colors and layout, especially those rad pillows!

Way cool poster, too!