Friday, July 29, 2011

Just A Few Cards Today

Finally got some samples made for Tiana's baby announcements.  She wanted the hippo from Bundled in Love, and a design similar to what we did for her first baby (who got the Bundle of Joy giraffe) but this time horizontal instead of vertical, 'cause a hippo's wider than it is tall.  So here's what I've got.


And here's another version with the colors swapped around a bit:


Personally, I like the first one with the Pear Pizzazz card base.  But I kinda like the all-Pumpkin Pie striped paper on the second one (and that has nothing to do with the fact that I want to hoard the multicolor stripe paper....well, maybe a little...but I still like the Pumpkin Pie stripes!)  So T, which one do you like?


I seem to be in a Pear Pizzazz kind of mood, I made this next.  How fun would it be to have a purple Vespa?


This one just isn't working for me.  I think it would have worked better with a really bold pattern for the paper strip, which would have offset the white space on the right.  Ehh.


And this is what I sent Missy for her birthday, along with the birthday card that had a bunch of clocks on it (totally apropos, no?).  Next time maybe I'll post all the pictures I used for the clock, but they're on the Mac and I'm writing this on the laptop so that will have to wait till next time.  For now, I'm back to stitching while I wait for Lee to get home.  TTFN!

5 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

That's a tough call between the two hippo cards! Don't have to choose.

How in then world did I miss. "bonjour" in the catalog? I LOVE it! Guess it's time to start my next wish list. Shh...don't tell Rick. :)

Also love that Vespa. What a fun card! Is it hard to color?

Happy stitching!

Giffysk8s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giffysk8s said...

Duh! I tried to correct my mistakes and made more mistakes. Oh well. I'm sick. :)

Christy Lynn said...

Hey Miss Vicki, Lee and I both like the top card better for Tiana, but she's the one who gets to choose :) The "bonjour" stamp is in the French version of the My Friend stamp set on page 139...I got it in French because I figure even people who haven't taken 7-8 years of French know what "bonjour" means. I just hope I can make some cards with it that I like better than that one!

The Vespa wasn't hard to color...I stamped it in Elegant Eggplant craft ink, heat embossed, and did the Vespa itself with Watercolor Wonder Crayons. The Soft Subtles crayons don't show up too well, especially on such a tiny area, so I did the flowers with markers. Hadn't used my WWC in a long time but have been dusting them off a little bit lately :)

CCsMom said...

I just LOVE that clock. It's GREAT. I remember that very first photo with the Japanese dress. Wow, I know Missy will absolutely love it. Oh, not sure which came first, the little motor scooters or the Okinawa world picture, come to think of it. This is great, though. LOVE YOU!!!