Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Slaving Away in my Craft Room

For the last couple days, I've felt like I'm working hard but don't really have a lot to show for it, which is kind of a bummer.  I'm temporarily stalled on baby book production; I'm having trouble picking colors for the next layout I want to do, so it's probably better to let it sit for a day or two while I work on unmounting more of my stamps.  But I do have three more layouts completed.


Here's Sarah's July page, which I like for the most part but I think the Cherry Cobbler paper I used for the page base is just too dark.  I was out of Riding Hood Red 12x12 cardstock that's not textured.  Call me weird, I like all the pages to match so I don't want one layout to be textured and none of the others to be.


Sarah requested pumpkins for her November layout just in case her daughter doesn't cooperate with a birthday in October, so here's what I came up with.  I bought Carved & Candlelit (the stamp set I used for the pumpkins) the first year I started stamping, kind of fun to get out an oldie every once in a while.  The leaves are from a more recent favorite, Falling Leaves.  I had to use the polka-dotted leaf to go with the patterned paper.


Sarah also likes flourishes and I thought the pumpkin panel looked a little bare, so I stamped the flourishes in the background and now it reminds me of the scene where Cinderella's fairy godmother turns the pumpkin into a carriage.  I want a fairy godmother, but that's neither here nor there.  I showed Sarah the colors I was working with before I put the layout together and she was surprised by the Baja Breeze (blue color), but I think it really works with the other ones for a lovely fall layout.


Tiana loves the animals in Bundle of Joy and Bundled in Love, so I used every single one of them on this layout for her : )  I paper-pieced the square behind the bunny and giraffe, it's supposed to look like a quilt.  I kind of think maybe I should have sponged the edges of each pattern with some ink before I adhered them, but I can't pull them up now.  I do really like how this one turned out though, I think the colors are perfect--all I have to do is find the right patterned paper and the rest usually falls into place.

I've also done some birthday cards this week but since I haven't sent these out yet, I just won't say who each one is for : )


Seems like every year when the SU retiring list comes out, there's at least one stamp set on it that I'd looked at before but never wanted enough to get...*until* it showed up on that list.  So that's why I now have Sense of Time with the clock image : )  I'm converting all my wood-mounted stamps to cling foam and putting them in the stamp cases that SU sells, and since I'm trying to condense as much as possible, I've been putting two (and sometimes more) stamp sets in each case when I can fit 'em all in.  I try to put stamps that are similar theme/style together to make it easier for me to find them, and Sense of Time now shares a case with Wing It, and old favorite of mine which is where the rose came from.


I think it was a year ago that SU came out with the adhesive rhinestones and pearls, and of course I bought them shortly after they debuted...and this is the first time I've used any of them, heh.  I do like them though and I don't think they'll cause any problem with mailing things, so I may start using those babies more often!


Last card I made on Monday.  Apparently I was in the mood for some bright colors, all three cards use Melon Mambo and two of them use Tangerine Tango.  Been a little rainy here lately, maybe that's why I wanted bright colors.  Anyway, I need to go get ready to meet up with Lee for lunch, ta-ta for now!

4 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Wow, you've accomplished a lot! I LOVE the layouts! I really like the Baja Breeze with the autumn colors. I don't think I would have ever thought of that, but I love it! And I think the pumpkin stamps have to be my favorite pumpkins ever. Too bad it's an old set. Maybe I can find it on eBay. I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the April layout! The quilt is too precious and I love those animals! I don't look at baby stuff too often, but I need to check those animal stamps out, too!

I'm hoping to squeeze in at least a wee bit of time in my craft room this week. I have Emma for the week while Brittany is in D.C., so it all depends on Emma's crafting mood. :)

Will email you later (b/c I haven't said nearly enough already, hee hee).

Giffysk8s said...

One of these days, Rick is going to ban your blog and Amber's blog, because every time I look at them I go search for and buy something on the internet! LOL Found all 3 stamp sets on eBay, so I am happy, I am going to need to make some more baby books in the not too distant future, so I am once again collecting your layouts and ideas because you know I want to be you when I grow up. :)

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love my April page!!! It is perfect.

CCsMom said...

See, I have looked at your blog. Just been SOOOO BUSY lately that I didn't get a chance to post. Anticipating a busy Monday morning, too. Hope you have a great week!