Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To-Do List = DONE! Booyah!

Remember a while back I said that my dad, the doubting Thomas, told me he didn't think I could get everything done on my list of things to do before my parents got here?  Well, I DID.  Christmas cards?  Done.  Sarah's baby book?  Done.  Two mysterious Christmas presents?  Done.  Tiana's baby book?  DONE, baby!  *And* I even got some sleep the night before my parental units arrived.  Bwahahahaaaa!

So guess what we did as soon as we picked up Mom and Dad at the airport?


It's a tradition:  we take them to McDonald's first thing when they arrive in whatever country we're living in.  Their plane was like over an hour and a half late *and* we'd overestimated the time needed to get to the airport, so Lee and I were sitting at Heathrow for three hours or so, and it was like two o'clock by the time we arrived at the Golden Arches.  So yep, they're here, Mom's all excited that she got to see Stonehenge, and today we're kinda chillaxin' at the casa and I plan to make a couple pies to prepare for Thanksgiving.  But I just couldn't wait to share Tiana's completed book so here it is!  


The first and last pages...unfortunately I forgot, I had intended to put "Made in the USA" on the last page because Tiana's firstborn has "Made in Japan" on the last page.  T, if you want me to do that, wouldn't take me long to fix it so let me know : )


Tiana requested a layout to put some of her ultrasound pictures on, so she measured how big they were so I could do the mats.  The little tabs are for her to write in the date of the ultrasound or else how many weeks along she is for each one, and then the top right is space for one picture of her pregnant (I insisted; T rolled her eyes).  The little pregnant lady stamp was from Michael's a few years ago.  Tiana wanted me to spell out Abigail, which I did for the first birthday and title page, but it just wouldn't fit on here so I had to shorten to Abby.


Tiana's husband Scott's favorite color is orange, so I try to work that in where I can on the baby books.  I love the Sweet Always patterned paper--it's pink, orange, and green so it works great for this : )


You just saw this one earlier this month.


Tiana's January is very much like Sarah's but different colors.  The title is done in Perfect Plum (purple), I know the picture makes it look much darker than it really is.  Hey, the weather here has finally figured out that this is England, so it's all overcast and my pictures turn out darker.


New and improved February with the truck full of love.


I still love that little St. Paddy's bear.


Tiana's favorite baby animal stamps; we've used these on the baby announcements for both her girls now (Tiana made her baby announcements already, so now we're just waiting for Abigail to arrive).


I made the May layout orange since I know they like that color so much.


I'm really happy with how this one came out.  Tiana said she really liked how Emma's September layout had apples on it (T's a teacher) but I'd already done Abigail's September with a tree and fall leaves, so I managed to fit in the apples on here instead.  True, there's also strawberries and cherries, but I think that makes it less fall-ish and more summery.  The title isn't black, it's Early Espresso; I was going to try Lucky Limeade (and had even cut out the letters in that) but it didn't pop enough against the wisteria background.


The patriotic July layout...


This is one of my favoritest ever baby book layouts : )


T got this for September because Sarah had requested the tree for her September instead of November, and I did both their layouts at the same time (I think they were the first ones I did like back in July).


More orange for October.


And this one was featured on here just recently too.


There's the last layout!  Tiana requested Melon Mambo for it, and I really liked that Pumpkin Pie patterned paper with the numbers all over it so this one was pretty easy to put together.  Just took me a while to figure out what to put as the accents by the page title.

That's all she wrote today, folks.  We're off to do some shopping and then back here to bake pies and cookies.  Cheers!

ETA:  Baby Abigail has made her appearance, so now I need to get this book off in the mail PDQ : )  Congratulations to Scott and Tiana!

4 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

LOVE the scrapbook! I am still shaking my head trying to figure out why I don't have as much "open space" even when I copy your layouts. I have measured and remeasured and measured again and the mats are exactly .25" larger than the picture sizes. I am completely puzzled.

LOVE the photo of your parents! If they are half as sweet as they look, you are one blessed girl!

Happy Thanksgiving! Please wish the same to your parents for me!

Giffysk8s said...

Forgot to say that I LOVE that little patchwork quilt on the April layout.

Liz Guidry said...

Yay for completing the list. That is quite an accomplishment! We're glad your 'rents made it safe and sound. See you tomorrow! :)

CCsMom said...

Had a great time at the Stanford Casa for Thanksgiving!!! How cool is that -- Thanksgiving in ENGLAND. Love you!