Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Annual Christmas Card

I'm pretty tired right now, thinking about going to bed soon, so I'm sitting here eating a cranberry white chip cookie and drinking a Coke.  Hey, the new diet/exercise regimen starts tomorrow ; )  Anywha, I figured that now would be a good time to share this year's Christmas card:


I made these using the Stampin' Up stamp set Bright Hopes from the holiday mini catalog.  I think the cards turned out okay, but they didn't really strike me as spectacular or anything.  Oh well, can't win 'em all.


I had to make a Hanukkah card to send to Sarah and her family, and since she loves polar bears using this stamp was a no-brainer.  I really liked this one, but no way would I have watercolored 50 or so cards to do this for Christmas cards...it was fun to do once, but I imagine the fun would wear off around card 3.  I put some Stickles on it for snow.


I found myself in need of two more really fast Christmas cards today, so I looked through my scraps and pulled out the stripey piece and paired it with one of my super-simple go-to layouts.


This was a really fast book of cookie recipes I made for my friend Renee.  It's a 4x6 picture book that was only $3, so I just picked some bright colors to kinda go with it and made it really simple.


The front page is the only one that has any patterned paper on it other than the window in the front cover.


And here's one of the inside pages.  I don't have 24 cookie recipes so I only used the right side pages; I picked out four colors of cardstock and just typed up the recipes and cut them out on regular printer paper for the insides.  That part was easy too, I just made two text boxes that were 5 1/2 inches tall and 3 1/2 inches wide, and then I was sure that the recipes would fit when I cut them out.  Some of them were really short but I didn't have enough time to really make this a big project, so I kept it super-simple.

Well, I'm off to bed.  I want to get up kind of early tomorrow to get started with my workout schedule...I'm going to give P90X another hack and see if I can give up Cokes and not eat so much sugar.  The sugar part will be easier once I give away all the pumpkin muffins and cookies in my kitchen...I got like 10 giant cans of pumpkin puree before Thanksgiving (I have hoarding tendencies, hey, they don't stock that stuff here year-round) so I thought I'd try out a few recipes for pumpkin muffins.  If there's any interest, I can post more about the search for the perfect pumpkin muffin recipe at a later date.  For now, I'm going to bed.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Love your cards, as usual. Love that recipe book, too! And please oh please oh please post your pumpkin recipes! Yum......

CCsMom said...

LOVE the little bear. And the cookie book is such a great idea.

Getting ready for work and am running late. Hope you've been having a good day. Love you!!!