Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's a Star Wars Birthday

When I get up in the mornings (ok, ok, occasionally when I get up in the afternoon...but generally it's in the mornings), one of the first things I do is check email and Facebook.  And the first thing I saw on Facebook today was this video, courtesy of Cake Wrecks Jen who I think must have posted it just for me (just kidding, she doesn't know me but we're secretly geek sisters separated at birth):


*feeling faint from supreme awesomeness*  I so want to give these guys all my money so I can have this piece on my iPod.  Because it's made of AWESOME.  And last night, right before I went to bed, the last thing I saw was this blog post (again, courtesy of Cake Wrecks Jen) which leaves me with a strong urge to redo the guest room.  I want color-changing lightsaber wall sconces!  And the world's cutest Boba Fett lamp!  Not to mention the AT-AT decals on the closet door...and the Han Solo quote!  Ack!!!  The wampa rug though, I think that's where I'd draw the line.  My tauntaun sleeping bag is way less terror-inducing.

So yeah, it's been a Star Wars-y day, which I love.  My geek flag is flying high today.  Liz took me out for lunch today, we stuffed ourselves silly at my favorite pub, and we did some shopping too for Lee's birthday.  My mom (who is also made of awesome) sent me two boxes packed full of goodies wrapped in Tinker Bell tissue paper and Star Wars wrapping paper (I love Ahsoka Tano).  And I'm not afraid to admit that I have Wookieepedia as a favorite on my web browser.  So anyway, here I sit in my brand-new pajama pants, contemplating an evening with Princess Bride and The Empire Strikes Back, two of my favoritestmost movies in the history of cinema, and I'm a happy camper.

May the Force be with you!

4 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Sounds like the PERFECT party! Wish I wish there in my jammies, too! Should I have a cupcake in your honor?

Thoughts by B and M said...

Wow that is really REALLY good video! I could totally download it too!

and HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I have your present(s), but it's not in the mail yet...will be soon though! :)

Miss you!!!

Liz Guidry said...

Glad you had a great birthday and I should get you out of the house more often (not just on your birthday). :) Happy 29th :)

Lee said...

LMAO of the video...that's totally something I can see you watching/listening to over and over.