Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Royal Mile

Dude, I've been pretty scarce in blogland lately, huh?  I was a total hermit for three weeks or so and then suddenly this week I've had places to go and things to do every day.  Vader says he misses me when I'm not at the house.  So anyway, today I've got some more Scotland photos to share and wow, I would have thought I'd be done with the blog posts all about when everyone was out here for Thanksgiving and stuff, but here I am.  I kinda have a headache tonight so bear with me if I'm not as entertaining as usual.


Speaking of unusual, we saw blue skies in Edinburgh.  Seriously, we hardly even got rained on the whole time we were in Scotland.  Who says the UK always has dismal weather?


We were all walking up the Royal Mile to go do...something...and then all the male members of our group suddenly lost the will to move on because they were busy drooling over this car.  I don't know what it is even, I am so NOT a car nut.  But they were really excited about it, I swear we had almost a dozen photos of it.


View down the Royal Mile.


Here's Missy and Bennet in front of St. Giles' Cathedral, Missy likes to get pictures with her in front of all the things she goes to see.  Which is funny, 'cause Lee usually wants a shot with NO PEOPLE in it.


But hey look, there we are too.  Probably because Missy insisted we get in the picture.


Hey look, it's a butt picture!


And another one!  Wow, I should start a photo collage.


So in Edinburgh you have the signs that Robert Burns stayed here.  What do we have in the States?  "Elvis ate here."


We did not go ask him if he was a traditional Scotsman...no full moons for us.


I just thought this picture was kinda cool, I don't even know where it is.


Ohhh yeah.  So I don't drink coffee, but I do have a collection of coffee mugs because they work quite well for tea and hot chocolate (and I am so totally in love with English breakfast tea!  but I digress) and Missy likes to pick up the Starbucks mugs wherever since they usually have the cool ones with place names on them.  I have one from Hokkaido (northern Japan) that has polar bears on it.


And there's another car that was apparently drool-worthy.  There was a wedding going on at the cathedral and this was the getaway vehicle.  I think that all the guys were drooling over the car when the wedding party walked by, a gust of wind came up and all the dudes wearing kilts inadvertently flashed Dad, Lee and Bennet.  *giggle*


This dude was one of several buskers we saw up and down the Royal Mile (in addition to Mr. Bagpipes up above).


And you can't go to Scotland without seeing Braveheart, so there you go.  Hopefully next time I return to the ol' bloggypoo, I'll have a much more entertaining narrative to go along with.  For now, I think I'll crawl in bed...maybe read a bit before I go to sleep, or not.  Peace out, yo!

So, I just started to put a label on this post, and I meant to type Scotland but instead I typed in Starbucks.  Maybe I'm caffeine-deprived and that's why my head hurts...hey, I haven't had a Coke since the new year started!  But probably a bunch of my tea is caffeinated, so whatever.  I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Thoughts by B and M said...

Got the picture CD yesterday and already enjoying playing with it! :) And LOVED the STICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, we made you get a picture in front of St. Giles...you know you love it!

Giffysk8s said...

Even when you are not tying to be funny, you are! Totally LOL over the guys and the cars. I think the red one is either a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. We saw both of them all over Italy. But we were spared the flapping kilts.

We collect those Starbucks mugs, too. Though ours are from different states not countries. Had I known there was a Starbucks in Japan...

Hope your head feels better by the time you read this. :)