Friday, January 20, 2012

St. Giles' Cathedral

It's been raining all day and Sadie is still convinced I can make it stop so she can go for a walk.  No way am I taking her and Vader out when it's been raining all day, so she's doomed to disappointment today.  She'll probably be all feisty and annoying tonight though.

Anyway, today I have pictures from St. Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh.  You saw the front of it in the last post.  I don't think I took any pictures inside it since our camera usually doesn't do too hot in low light situations, so these are but a tiny fraction of Mom's pictures.  I just picked the ones I liked of the different carvings and other ornamentation from around the cathedral, so my commentary will be kept to a minimum today.




Mom must have really liked the vaulted ceiling; I think there were at least a dozen photos of it.


I don't know why Dad won't smile in pictures.  He *said* he was thrilled to be there, at any rate...


This looks like bunches of cabbage suspended from the ceiling.  At least I don't have to eat these veggies ; )



These are two shots of the same bit of carving so you can read what it says on the bottom.



This little guy was on the end of the pew.


Hey, it's the lion and the unicorn again!  Ever hear the nursery rhyme "The lion and the unicorn were fighting for the crown"?  Scotland is the unicorn, and England is the lion.  Oh the things one can learn from Google.





Uh-oh, Mom is adopting Dad's no-smile policy.  What is UP with that??




I like the looks of Celtic crosses.  And that's all I've got today.

I've got a long list of things I need to do in my craft room, but honestly I'm just not feeling motivated in there today, so I may go downstairs and stitch for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  Let me tell you, I've made ridiculous amounts of progress on this month's stitching project.  I'll reattack the craft room tomorrow...

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Hey, some of my pictures turned out pretty good, didn't they? And like I told you in an email, that one ceiling with the bunches of "cabbages" is actually clover. The picture doesn't do it justice, though.

Hope you've had a good day. Love ya!

Giffysk8s said...

Wow, your mama's camera rocks! She got some fabulous low-light shots.

Ah, what we do without Wiki...