Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Miranda, Part 3

So I did a crazy amount of cross stitching in January, although Miranda doesn't *quite* look like this yet:


Instead, here's what I've got now (click to embiggen):


Last time I'd just started the edges of her hair.  In just one month, I did 11,680 stitches, which is about 45 square inches of fabric covered and about a page and a half of the pattern.  Miranda is now over 60% finished with a total of 24,285 stitches completed, and next time she's up in the rotation I'll work on her face.  And then she'll stare at me forevermore.


I ran into a little bit of a problem when I ran out of needles and the shop here still hasn't restocked, so I finally ordered a BUNCH online.  But this design is small enough (at least relative to the other three I'm working on) that I found several colors (mostly the blues for the background) that I was fairly certain I wouldn't use again so I pulled those needles out to recycle them.  I've got plenty to hold me over now till my pile o' needles arrives in the mail.

So of course with all that mad stitchin' you know I was watching all kinds of things on TV and DVD.  Some of the American shows finally started on British television so I've been watching Hawaii Five-O and both NCIS shows.  And right after the new year I watched all six Star Wars movies (start the year off right, you know).  Lois & Clark is now but a memory; I finished watching all four seasons and I wasn't totally thrilled with their last-ever episode.  Then I watched seasons 9 and 10 of Smallville (I'm seeing a Superman theme here...) and that one I did approve of the last-ever episode.  *spoiler alert* Clark finally got the suit and flew, and they played the Superman theme from the original movie and it was so exciting I wanted to stand up and salute the tv or something, or maybe strike my own Superman pose and go flying around my living room with a towel tied around my neck.  Yeah, I'm a total nerd.  I'm okay with that.

New month means a new stitching project, so now I'm back to The Quarry and I think tonight I may be watching French Kiss and/or The Sound of Music.  Cheers, peeps!

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, that is SOMETHING. Isn't that coral in her hair? Will be beautiful in a frame, let me tell you. How many WALLS are you planning to have in your house? Did you put that one of the orange crate label up in your dining room? It was beautiful, too. You really do a great job.

Giffysk8s said...

Christy, this is beautiful! I have the pattern and all of the floss and still haven't started her. But this really makes me want to get on it! Though I still need to get back to my irises. And my Degas. Both hiding in that black hole of unfinished projects, LOL. Maybe in March...

Hope you had fun flying around your living room with your terry cloth cape!

BTW, did you ever get my box? I hope so!