Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Got Your Sunglasses Handy?

I know I still have a bunch of Ireland photos I could be posting, but I haven't felt much motivated to go through them.  Actually, this week I've been doing some stamping just for funsies, and maybe because the weather has been kinda gray and gloomy I've been using lots of bright colors.  Like this:


I kinda wish I'd used some subtle white patterned paper instead of plain white, I think that would have kicked this card up a notch.  But I looooooooove the colors, which I borrowed from a card I saw on Jen's blog. That same card convinced me I needed to get the SU hostess set Array of Sunshine, so here's what I made with that:


This was the card I made for Liz's birthday yesterday (happy birthday, Liz!!!) and I gave her the set of Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead.  Given the vampire books I couldn't resist making her a bookmark to go with them:


The stamp is from a set by Artful Inkables called Fictionally Inspired I think. I bought it probably a couple years ago and it's the first time it's seen ink at all.


This is for this week's color challenge on Splitcoast, loving the bright colors.  I'm trying to get back in the groove of doing the challenges over there because I really need to build up my card stash; with that in mind I made two of everything I'm posting today.  Anyway, I'm happy that the color challenges on Splitcoast are now actually colorful; I was so tired of week after week of one color plus two neutrals, which to my mind does not a color challenge make.  Not to say that doesn't happen occasionally, but at least not near as often as before.  Yay.  I like LOTS of color.


And for today's sketch challenge, I thought a little kid birthday card would be fun.  I got this stamp set, Dinoroar, because I thought it would be good for the next time I have to do a big baby book.  Here's the inside:


I like it even though Lee told me one of the panels on the front is crooked.

Well, the timer just went off so I'd better go get dinner out of the oven before it burns.  I'll get these cards and all the ingredients added to my Splitcoast gallery later.  Have a good evening, peeps!

4 comments:

Thoughts by B and M said...

oh my, i LOVE THAT BOOK MARK.

Christy Lynn said...

Good thing, 'cause I made one for you Missy!

Amber Hight said...

Fabulous cards, my girl! You've been supah busy! I need to hit those challenges more often again myself!

Giffysk8s said...

LOVE all of the bright colors! They made me feel cheery despite my yucky, nasty, horrible, no good cold. :)

I started an email for you that I will try to finish later today. I've been missing you!