Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Accolade, Part 3

Oyyy.  I wanted to post the rest of the Bruges pictures and all our new Cornwall pictures before this weekend, but that so didn't happen.  We went to see The Avengers on Saturday night (yes we got it before the States, and it's AWESOME, Joss Whedon is the man) and then on Sunday I started feeling not so hot.  I've been sick all week with the stomach bug that's going around Lee's work.

Lee has been totally awesome; this week he's been working a later shift so he stays around the house here with me until around noon, and he brings me anything I need like medicine, water, the laptop, etc. and he even made me breakfast in bed this morning as I'm starting to feel a little better, just still very weak.  Lee doesn't even complain about the dog hair on his side of the bed...Vader usually likes to lay at the foot of the bed, but when Sadie gets up there (not too often), she likes to lay pretty much ON Lee's pillow.  But Lee puts up with it because he's the Best. Husband. EVER.

After he goes to work, I've got this little dude looking out for me:


Yep, Vader's been pretty much attached to me all week, more so than usual even.  I think the dogs know I haven't been feeling good, they've been really low-key even though they haven't gone for a walk since last Friday, and usually they'd be all wired about that.  But they've been awesome too, and maybe by tomorrow I'll be well enough to take them for a tour of the neighborhood.

In the meantime, let's do the monthly stitching update, shall we?  April's project is the oh-so-giant The Accolade:


And here's my measly progress on it for this time:



I did finish the entire first page of the pattern and got started on the second one, but it is still really slow going.  Maybe now that I've got that column done, the rest of the second page will go by more quickly; lots fewer color changes.  I did 3,547 stitches last month, and still I haven't broken 10,000 stitches on this puppy (I'm at 9,858 out of 150,000).  It's a little discouraging, so I'm kind of glad to be moving on to the next project in the rotation, which is Miranda.  Even so, I imagine I'll be ready to tackle this one when it comes up next in the rotation.  That's the beauty of having a rotation:  you put away what you're discouraged or frustrated with for a couple of months, then reattack with a fresh attitude later.

That's all for now, peeps.  I'm going to wipe down the keyboard with a Clorox wipe and maybe go watch some more Star Trek:  The Next Generation reruns.  : )

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Good little Vader! Anxious to see pix of FRANCE!!! Woo hoo! I hope you guys have a marvelous time and you both stay HEALTHY. Love ya! Mom