Wednesday, May 9, 2012

La vie en rose

So Lee is giving himself a well-deserved pat on the back for planning this trip to Paris.  Our hotel is awesome, and about a 5- or 10-minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe if you know which direction to go.  We've walked ALL OVER Paris for the last couple days and we've seen some amazing things, so lots of wonderful pictures when we get back.  But here's just a few from our first two days to make you jealous.


'Cause you gotta have the Eiffel Tower, it's Paris!  We got rained on a little bit yesterday but still saw some blue skies.  I got tired kind of early yesterday but today I was feeling 100% recovered from the nasty virus I had last week, so this has been a marvelous trip.


Lee in front of Notre Dame.  We didn't get to hang from the bell tower yelling "Sanctuary!" so maybe we'll go back another day.


We spent over an hour on the bank of the Seine waiting for the sun to set and all the lights to come on and then Lee took this picture.  It's been awesome.  And I've gotten to use some French too; I always order the food.  I'm a little amazed at how much is coming back to me : )

A bientot!

4 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

I am so thankful and happy that you feel better! Love the photos! Rick wants me to ask what hotel you chose. Yes, you are making me jealous! But you are also my tour guide for our trip. Have a pastry or two or three for me!!!

adifrog said...

Soooo jealous!

CCsMom said...

Looks absoulutely AWESOME. I am so glad you are having a great time. I have finally turned the corner and am feeling much better today. Hey, I got my Mother's Day gift from you in the mail yesterday -- but I haven't opened it yet. Thanks a million. Love you!

CCsMom said...

I hope you are back home safe and have had the most wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it!!! Love you!