Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Card & Then Maybe a Rant

Let's start with the positive today, shall we?  This is one of the cards I made on Sunday, and I was really happy with how it turned out:


I'm trying to forget about the part that this is WAY late for Father's Day.  I recently discovered the Dynamic Duos challenge, which is where I got the color combo and to be honest I stole the idea to use French Foliage from there too.  And then I really liked the sketch over at Retro Sketches; I've been wanting to play along over there for ages and this is the first time I've actually done so.  I simplified the sketch slightly by leaving out a little border on the right of the main image and I just loved how this turned out.  Surprised me too since I normally dislike River Rock : )  (Details are here if you want them.)

And now let's go for a little rant because I kind of feel like the universe is picking on me today so I'm gonna have a little pity party, vent on here, and then I'm going to get over it and eat a brownie and I'm going to be happy if it kills me.  Sadie is stressing me out.  She won't quit messing with that leg where the incision is, but if I put the Cone of Shame on her, then she pants like crazy and she either can't or won't drink any water while wearing it, so I'm concerned she's going to get dehydrated but I don't know what else to do.  And if she's not wearing the Cone of Shame, I'm yelling at her to quit messing with her leg and then I feel bad for yelling at her.  In between dealing with Sadie, I spent the morning cleaning the house, trying to get things ready for when Lee's family gets here this weekend, worked on some swaps and then I made a card I hate (they can't all be winners).

Then I went into the kitchen to make dinner.  I started browning some beef for lasagna and made some cookie dough (I'm sending cookies to my brother later this week) and then I go to look for one of my lasagna ingredients and I don't have it.  What?!  I could have sworn I had it.  This should be no surprise when on Sunday night, I was making spaghetti and discovered the only spaghetti sauce we had had gone moldy in the fridge (ewww).  So now the beef for the lasagna is back in the fridge to be made up tomorrow, and I'm cooking the backup dish, which is a new recipe I'm trying and so far I'm not too hopeful we'll like this one.  Argh.  But now my timer is going off so it's time to see if it's edible or if I'm eating a brownie for dinner.

9 comments:

Allisa said...

If nothing else turns out great today, your card did. I see nothing wrong with eating brownies for dinner....can't go wrong with chocolate. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Lisa said...

Well I completely agree with Allisa! Sorry about your Sadie...this day may call for more than ONE brownie! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

CCsMom said...

Is there any way to bandage up little Sadie's leg? Thought maybe that might help with the licking.

Really like your cards. And my suggestion for the day -- B-R-E-A-T-H-E! It will be OK. And remember to enjoy yourself while Lee's family is there. Just let go and enjoy. Don't stress over the small stuff, and really if you think about it, most ALL of it is small stuff (except Sadie, of course).

Love you mucho!

Amber Hight said...

All I have to say is "<3" I miss your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Annette said...

I love this card Christy. It not only uses some of my favourite colours, but also one of my favourite stamp sets.
I hope the brownie (or 3) have helped. If not, have a few more and relax making some more of your beautiful card creations.

Jackie Rockwell said...

I hope you have a better day today and your Sadie heals quickly! Your card is wonderful! Love the earthy color. So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Christy, Glad you liked the colours at Dynamic Duos this week and my card gave you some inspiration. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Anonymous said...

Wow, at least I get to see my Father's Day Card online if not IRL!

Anonymous said...

My dearest daughter, Mom said that you thought I was upset with you because I didn't get the card in time for Father's Day. That couldn't be further than the truth! The truth is having you as my daughter is the greatest gift I could ever hope for. You are the Best! Love, Dad.