Tuesday, June 12, 2012

That was one expensive rabbit.

I'm feeling like a horrible dog mama today, though I know I shouldn't.  I took the kiddos out for a walk yesterday and Sadie saw a rabbit, so she went tearing up the hill after it (never mind it was on the other side of a fence) and hurt her back right leg on the way up.  She couldn't put any weight on it, so I had to tie her to a fence and run back to the house with Vader to get the car and go pick her up.  So I took her to the vet yesterday afternoon and he said she's damaged her ACL (or whatever you call the dog equivalent of that) and that she will need surgery pretty much immediately to fix it.  Of course, this surgery ain't cheap either.

Sadie is doing pretty well for the most part; she can hop along on 3 legs with no trouble when she wants to, although sometimes she looks pretty shaky and pitiful and that's when I feel like a horrible dog mama.  We're trying to keep her still as much as possible, though she takes a somewhat dim view of being locked in the study (it's carpeted, and we figured sliding around on the wood floors would do her no favors).  It will probably take us a couple days before we know exactly what we're going to do with her; there are two different surgery options, and then afterwards she'll have to be confined to a crate for like a month to heal, which isn't going to be fun for any of us.  Poor little baby girl.

Anyway, I don't want to be a major downer here, so let's do some more Paris pictures, shall we?  We've been having lots of trouble with our Internet lately (long story, the Internet providers here are stoopid) so I'm somewhat amazed I've been able to access the Web today.  Here's hoping I get this posted before it goes on the fritz again : p

I thought I had more pictures from when we were waiting for dusk to fall to take pictures of the Eiffel Tower all lit up at night, but I've only got about 8 to share today.


I swear that dusk was about two hours later on this particular night than it was the first night when we happened to be out when all the lights came on; seemed like we waited *forever* for it to get dark enough to take our pics.


There you can see some of the traffic on the Place de la Concorde.


And again...I really should have put these on the last post but what can ya do.


Umm...I don't know which direction Lee was facing when he took this.


Who's that person?  Hey, we're getting closer to dusk!


Let us all stand back and say OOOOOOOOOOOOOHH in appreciation of Lee's mad photography skillz.


One more time (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH) because this is one totally gorgeous shot and we should sell it for postcards.  Way to go Lee!


And there's the Champs-Elysees at night, and that's all I've got for today.  Internet gods willing, I shall be back anon to bring you more Paris pictures.  TTFN!

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice. It was also good to talk to you and watch Lee cat nap (dog nap in your household?!).

Really, Sadie will be fine and she won't hold a grudge, you wait and see. It will be fine.

Love you mucho! Mom

Giffysk8s said...

So now I must totally torture my entire family to get a shot of the Eifell Tower at night. And if I fail, then I will use Lee's totally rocking' photo instead! LOL

Giffysk8s said...

Oh, forgot to say how much I like the photo of you in front of the Eiffel Tower. You are so pretty and look so happy!

BTW, I sure do hope that Sadie is okay. And the fact that you feel badly about it all and are so empathetic is what makes you a GOOD doggie mama.