Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Quarry, Part 4

I'm trying to figure out where I left off on here.  Lee's family left on Friday, we took two days to just chillax and recuperate, and then Lee went back to work yesterday (I really missed him after spending almost every day for two weeks with him) and I cleaned the house.  When Lee got home he asked me why I hadn't updated the blog, because (as he says) how else is he supposed to know what he's been doing.  Heh.  Well, I still haven't finished going through the Paris pictures, I haven't even started on the Italy pictures, and now we've got a new batch of photos too so I won't be short of things to post for a long time.  But for today I'm going to catch up on June's Scarlet Quince project, The Quarry:


And here's what I've got done so far:


I don't think the lighting is very good in the photo but you get the gist.  Here's a closeup of what I was working on last month:


So upon closer inspection, I've decided that pretty much this ENTIRE PATTERN is confetti stitching, other than the sky bit that I started with, so this is going to be one tough cookie to finish.  I couldn't get the entire page done in one month but I gave it a good effort; I did 5,769 stitches so the new total is 25,890 stitches done (almost 20%).  Just 105,078 left to go!  Haha.  But if I do around 5,000 stitches next time then I'll break the 100,000 mark (although it will be much more fun when I've got 100,000 DONE rather than left to do).  I figure if it takes me about 2 months to finish each page and I work on it 3 months of the year, then it will take me about 7 years to finish this one.  Maybe I shouldn't have done that math.  Anyway, I'm currently working on Eilonwy so there will be another update post at the end of the month.

Sadie update:  She's doing well.  While we were out of town she had to spend 10 days in the kennel wearing the Cone of Shame 24/7 (poor little Say!) but when we took her for a checkup last time, the vet said the incision had healed enough that we could leave off the CoS unless she just really starts messing with it.  She's now allowed to get up and move around for five minutes a day, although I think we've been letting her do more than that...over the weekend, Lee carried her upstairs and put her in my craft room while I was in there working on swaps, and she would get up every time I did even though I kept trying to tell her to stay where she was.  She puts a little weight on the leg though and that's good, don't want it to totally atrophy.  Sadie will be back for another checkup around the end of the month so we'll see how she's doing then.  She's healing, and she's been a pretty good sport about this whole thing.

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Lookin' good, Kik! And I'm so glad Sadie is doing much better. Love you!