Sunday, September 30, 2012

Like pulling teeth...

Wow, September has totally gotten away from me, especially this last week.  However, I am proud to report that I just sent in my final essay for my current class, so stick a fork in me 'cause I am DONE baby!  For the present, I'm going to ignore the part where I have another class starting in two weeks and just be glad that this one only involved four relatively short essays.  The one I turned in today was the longest of the lot and it was 6 1/2 pages.

Remember when I did my first essay for this class and I was bemoaning the fact that I did not manage to incorporate the word "abrogate" into it?  Color me happy, 'cause this time I did.  I'm such a word nerd.  I also used conciliatory, disillusioned, counterproductive, dubious, intransigence, vociferous (ooh, I like that one), incompatible (it took me a ridiculously long time to think of that word, I think at that point I'd been writing for too long and my brain wasn't working anymore), catch-22, inflammatory, counterbalance, equitable, supranational, retaliatory, rancor (not the Star Wars monster, that's a capital R), purported, ferocious, and dovetail.  How's that for an SAT vocabulary?

For the next two weeks, I plan to catch up on some projects in my stamp room, both cards and baby books.  And perhaps start watching the Ghostbusters movies on repeat, 'cause I like to do that every October.  Just so I don't leave you with nothing pretty to look at, here's a picture of one of the cards I made my friend Sarah for her daughter's first Halloween birthday:


And one more Halloween card for good measure!


I'm off to go veg out and watch some movies!

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oooo, I like that cat stamp. But I'm a sucker for any design made out of words. I found a Christmas tree I'd like to cross stitch that's done that way. They have a cross stitch kit of a sewing machine that's super cute.

Love, love, love the party cards. So cute. I'm sure that will go in a baby book sometime.

So glad you are done with that paper. Super. You are well on your way to knocking this thing out.

Good to talk to you this weekend. Hope you are feeling well. We didn't go to church yesterday -- I've been dragging all weekend. Love you!

Amber Hight said...

I *totally* just got done watching both Ghostbusters this weekend while stamping! Dang I miss you my cheesy 80's moving loving sistah!! I'm thinking it's time for Labrynth and Princess Bride this weekend, been a couple months since they've been on the rotation! Miss you babe <3

Giffysk8s said...

Love these cards! They reminded me that I have a whole stack of new Halloween SU goodies waiting to be made into cards. Now I need to get down there and use them! Maybe next week...

Yay for you! How many more classes? As I recall, not too many.

Hugs!