Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Florence: The Arno River & a Carousel

Lee is away on a business trip this week, and thus far I haven't been able to get to bed before 1:30 in the morning any evening since he left.  Guess I'm just a dyed-in-the-wool night owl when I don't have him here to keep me to a more "normal" schedule : )  It's 12:23 as I start typing this post so we'll see what time I actually crawl in bed tonight.

So here we are back in beautiful Florence.  After we walked all around the basilica and ate all that gelato, we texted Scott and Sarah to see where they were (ensconced at a sidewalk cafe drinking lots of wine) so we moseyed that direction.  But on the way we (Lee) took some pictures of the Arno River.


Ok, the next picture is almost the same, but the one above had the shadow of the bridge we were standing on in the water and the next one doesn't, and I couldn't decide between them so I'm posting both.


I think I love Italy.  It's just so gorgeous...everywhere we went, anyway.


This is the Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge) which is lined with jewelry stores (as soon as I said that, Sarah wanted to go find it).   And I'm just loving the colors reflected in the water.  But not that stupid crane in the background, it's not enhancing this shot at all : p


Ok, ok, one more bridge picture.  Then we found Scott and Sarah at their cafe and ordered food (we ate a LOT in Italy).  The cafe happened to be in a piazza with a carousel and Sarah was dying to ride it.  Scott was not at all interested, but Sarah knew I'd totally go on it with her.  And I did.


Lee was kind enough to take pictures as we went 'round and 'round.


Sarah and I had a ball on the carousel, those guys don't know what they missed.




See that expression?  That is glee, right there.


I thought this shot was pretty cool with the blurred background.


Yep, I think Sarah won that horse race.


I may have been humming the Bonanza theme song whilst riding the carousel : )


After dinner, this is what awaited us for dessert--some kind of yummy brownie something.  Can't remember for sure what it was, other than delicious!  Kind of a shorter Italy post for today but that's just how the pictures divvied up...got some fun ones for next time.  Hey wow, I wrote that post in 8 minutes.  Off to bed for me.  Ciao!

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

The water photos are SO PEACEFUL! I could probably sit on the banks for HOURS just enjoying the scenery and people watching. How fun! And the carosel photos are FUN, FUN, FUN!