Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween at Our House

Oh yes, I am one of *those* people who dress up their dogs for Halloween.  Lee says this is why dogs bite people; I say just take the pictures because Sadie and Vader can deal with wearing a costume for 10 to 15 minutes once a year.  And we didn't even do costumes last year.


Oh look, they have no idea what's coming next!  Bwahahahaaaa!


Ok, so it's hard to tell, but Sadie is the Headless Horseman's coal-black steed...


And Vader is the mild-mannered horse for a princess in pink.  Lee thought I had the costumes backwards, but really, if you go by personality, Sadie would *totally* be out terrorizing the populace and Vader would be the good horse who never does anything that might unseat the princess as they amble about the countryside.  (And maybe I think it's funny to make the dogs cross dress.)


Know how you get two dogs to look toward the camera?  Grab the dog treats.


From the picture, Vader's costume was supposed to have a hat (it was a unicorn horn to go with the princess theme) but the one I bought didn't.  I got these two years ago on clearance at Target, and for some reason Target thinks that people only dress up teeny tiny dogs for Halloween so it's tough to find costumes to fit my dogs.


Vader is fine with dressing up in costume if it means you pay attention to him and maybe give him treats; Sadie hates the whole thing but rather than try to run away, she generally tries to eat the costume, make it as difficult as possible to get the costume on her, and then she'll make it really hard to get any good pictures of her in said costume.  I swear she knows what a camera is for.

Update on Sadie's leg:  her surgery is scheduled for November 12.  We won't know until after the surgery how the recovery will go, if it will be as hard as the first one or a little easier.  But we'll find out.  I just hope this time it works and that Sadie will eventually regain full use of that back leg.

Happy Howl-oween!

3 comments:

Amber Hight said...

LOL, I do so love your halloween dress up posts, the kids look adorable as ever:) Glad to hear baby girl has her date, I'll pray for her, poor baby!!!

CCsMom said...

You KNOW you are the best dog mama ever. They do not look like they mind this so much . . . just sayin'!

Giffysk8s said...

Yes! I found the short hair photo! It looks so purty on you, Miss C!

Love their costumes! Mine won't let me dress them up anymore. Boo hoo.