Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sacile, Italy

No Salzburg pictures yet, I have to get through the Italy and Slovenia pictures first : )  One day Lee got off work a little early so we hopped in the car to drive out to the town of Sacile.  We still have no idea how to say it, is the C soft or a ch sound like in church?  Mostly we say it Say-Chile (like the country Chile).  It's a cute little town; we walked around for a while to find something for my brother's birthday and eventually walked in this store that sold leather shoes and wallets and stuff.  We were in there for quite some time looking at the wallets and the saleslady had a rather long and extremely one-sided conversation with us because she spoke about as much English as we do Italian (read:  practically none).  The one thing we DID understand is when she said "no capeesh" (however you spell it) which kind of made us laugh.  We did buy a wallet and then, because we're goobers who used to live in Japan, we automatically bowed to the saleslady when we paid for it.  Which made me laugh even more.

But then we walked around the town and enjoyed the beautiful fall foliage.


Seriously gorgeous, right?


Ooh, speaking of seriously gorgeous!!  I love my sweet hubby : )


Lee took this one, trying to be all artsy with the vivid colors, but the other ones are mine.


You can see between the two trees on the left that there's an area there where a bunch of guys were playing soccer.  Nice weather for it.


This was just across the street, I had to take a picture of this sign for Bennet and Missy.  I bet the drivers on the road were wondering what I was photographing : )  There's a small river that runs by where the trees were and we saw a trail, so we walked on down that way to find...


Bamboo.  Pretty sure we didn't walk to China.


This was some kind of town fortification or something or other...I forget what.


We had a bit of trouble with taking pictures because of where the sun was in the sky, it kept washing out the sky and making the foreground really dark.  We did the best we could.


Love that bright pop of red.



The ducks started congregating under the bridge when they saw us stop but alas, we had no bread to feed the ducks.  They were sad.  So was I.


This was part of a fence near the river and I thought it looked like a funny mustache so I had to take a picture.


Last picture for Sacile, this reminds me of Nancy Drew #18, Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion.  I always think of that book when I see moss hanging down like this.  I like weeping willows, too.

Anyway, I'm off to go veg on the couch.  I've had a headache almost all day and it's seriously diminishing my desire to work on my to-do list, which is not short.  Ehh, it'll still be there tomorrow.  Ciao!

2 comments:

Thoughts by B and M said...

I love the Bennet sign! and it's spelled correctly!!!

Giffysk8s said...

Love the colors! Someday you'll post photos like from your trip to see me. :)

Okay, I have never even heard of this place, but it sure is pretty. I love the mustache photo:)