Sunday, December 2, 2012

Eilonwy, Part 5

Wow, Lee has been one busy bee today.  By the time I got up (still trying to shake the crud we've both got), Lee had done all the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen...and since we did our own mini-Thanksgiving dinner last night, the kitchen was quite a mess.  (By the way, I tweaked the apple pie recipe I always use and successfully made a Dutch apple pie.  Lee was pleased.)  Then after I got up he gave both dogs a bath, and this afternoon he mowed the lawn (first time he's mowed a lawn with frost on it, he says) and he's been busily ripping some Doctor Who DVDs onto the Mac for me.

No need to tell me how lucky I am, I already know that.  My husband is AWESOME.  Meanwhile, I cut out a TON of cardstock for Christmas cards and ate some sweet potato casserole.  Yum.

So anyway, since this is the beginning of a new month, it's time to do a stitching update.  November's project was Eilonwy:


If you follow that link above, you'll notice that this one is the larger pattern of this design; I figured if I was going to spend years on a stitching project I might as well go for the larger, more detailed one.  Go big or go home, right?  Well, I didn't get a whole lot done on Eilonwy this month, but I did manage to finish all of the top row of pages, so that's cool.


I did 3,494 stitches in November, which isn't too shabby considering I didn't work on her at all that week we were in Italy at the beginning of the month.  I just managed to finish up the page with the top of her wings and then move back over to the window on the far left, where I filled in just a bit over there.  In total, I've done 34,650 stitches and am 27.5% finished (love my spreadsheet).  I keep thinking I should put her in a scroll frame, but I like the smaller size and flexibility of my Q-Snap frame so I haven't done that yet.  Maybe next time she's up in the rotation.  Won't be too long before I get to work on her face!


And here's a detail shot of her wings.  Lots of color changes in there but I think they look pretty neat so far.  I'm sad to be putting her away for a few months as I was looking forward to starting the next row of pages, but it's time to work on The Accolade.  Since I've only got two more weeks of class (and hope to finish Christmas cards in that time too...so much for getting them done early) I think I'll make some good progress on that project.  But I'll still look forward to Eilonwy's next spot in the rotation.

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

She is really starting to take shape. How many of those 34,650 stitches are black? My eyes would have gone buggy!