Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snapdragon Photography 2013 Calendar

A few years ago, Lee and I had the brilliant idea to take some of our photos and turn them into calendars for our parental units.  The first year was all pictures from Japan, last year was pretty much all in England, and this year is pretty much all over Europe.  Thought you might like to see...we've discovered that we like the way the calendars look better if all the pictures are landscape rather than portrait, which made picking photos interesting because we kept saying WHY is that vertical?!  But here's what we ended up with.


January:  Lee took this shot of Hohensalzburg in, you guessed it, Salzburg (only it was November when we took it).


February:  We spent about 2 hours sitting in the Place de la Concorde freezing our butts off for Lee to get this shot.  Was it worth it?  Heck yeah.


March:  Lee swears that I took this one in Bruges.  I was hoping we had a good shot of the canals with swans, but no go.


April:  Lee also swears that I took this pic of the Ponte Vecchio in Florence.  I don't know for sure which of us took it, but I do know that Lee expertly removed a crane from the shot :)


May:  Pretty sure Lee took this one of Trevi Fountain in Rome.


June:  I'm absolutely sure Lee took this one when we were in Venice.


July:  Not sure which of us took this one; it's Saint Michael's Mount off the coast of Cornwall.  And I never did get around to posting our Cornwall pictures from last April, so maybe I'll do that soon.


August:  I took this one of the Leaning Tower of Pisa and a nearby statue.


September:  I think Lee took this one of Pompeii with Vesuvius in the background.


October & November:  These pics are actually swapped; the one with the orange leaves on the left is October's photo and November is the one with the red ivy.  I'm having issues with Blogger and it won't let me move the photos how I want.  Both photos were taken by Lee at Lake Bled.


December:  I took this one in our village when we got all that snow last winter, I thought it was a good Christmasy picture.

And there you have it, our 2013 calendar.  Hope you enjoyed!

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Yes, my calendar is up and in use. LOVE IT!!! Such a fantastic idea!

Giffysk8s said...

Love it! The Oct photo is my fave. So pretty! You have good eyes for photography and a fabulous camera!

Amber Hight said...

Wow, what a beauty!! I'd happily pay for one...*hint hint*

Lee said...

Ok, so Christy always thinks that I take the good photos, but I remember who took what. Here's the corrections:
Christy did in fact take the March, Apr, and May pictures.

I'm not sure when she started this trend of my picture vs her picture.

Friends don't let friends discriminate their husband's photos from their own photos...

Be a good friend and save yours today!

Tanya said...

Such amazing pictures, and what a cool thing for your parents to hang on their walls!