Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Accolade, Part 5

First post of 2013 and it is time for a cross stitch update!  December's Scarlet Quince project was The Accolade.  To jog your memory, here's what I'm working toward:


And here's what mine looks like now!


As you can see, I didn't *quite* finish the last two pages on the top row, but by golly I gave it a valiant effort.  December was very gray, both in stitching and the weather hereabouts.  Here's a closeup of the area where I was working.


So all that randomness on the chart actually *does* translate into some nice shading!  In December, I did 10,668 stitches, which brings me up to a total of 29,492 done out of 150,000, or nearly 20% done.  Because I was curious, I added up how many stitches I did in all of 2012 on my four projects in rotation, and it's a whopping 81,623.  Whoa!  That's enough to have made Miranda twice over.


Looking at how much I've done compared to how much I have left to do on this one is still a bit of a depressing prospect, but I'll get there.  Last month's stitching was the most progress I'd made in a month on The Accolade, so that's something.  And when I start the next row, I should get to start working on the lady and her hair, so that's cheery!

New year, new project...since Miranda is now finished (though still awaiting a frame), I've decided to start on a new SQ project, Rain Blossoms.  I kind of debated if I wanted to add another project or just shorten the rotation to 3 projects, but Rain Blossoms will be on 16-count and will be a nice break from the intense stitching on the other three projects (particularly The Quarry, that one is turning out to be a real bear).  Haven't actually started on it yet though....last night it seemed more important to have some cuddle time on the couch with my doggos while we watched stuff on TV.  So perhaps tonight :)

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Wish I could accomplish 1% of what you accomplish! I really like the new pattern. I've looked at it several times thinking it would look fab in my office where my kokeshi dolls live. But considering I have a back log of projects, I haven't taken the plunge. If I ever finish my irises, I will probably start Miranda.

Hope you get some stitching time today!

Amber Hight said...

Wow, that rain blossoms one is gorgeous! You're a rockstar, my friend!!