Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Rain in Spain

Wow, no one cares about my progress on Eilonwy?  I won't tell her, I don't want to hurt her feelings.  Anyway, Ree and I got back from Spain last night and even though I told Mom I wasn't going to blog until tomorrow, I've got a couple of pics today.  We flew into Madrid on Thursday and met up with Bennet and Missy when their plane arrived a couple hours later, and then the four of us braved the Spanish transit system to hop a train to the town of Segovia.  I admit, I don't know a whole lot about Spain (hello, I took French in school) so I didn't have a clue what to expect there, but as soon as we exited the train station, we saw this:


Hey, the rain in Spain really *does* stay mainly in the plain.  We only got rained on once during our trip, though you can tell it had recently rained at the train station.  The rainbow really was that vibrant, though my jacket is really much brighter teal than it looks in the photo.  Funny conversation between Lee and me before we left:

Me:  Which jacket should I take with me, the teal one or the navy blue one?

Lee:  Which one's warmer?

Me:  They're both warm.

Lee:  The teal one, then.  It'll make you easier to find when you wander off.

Me:  Y'know, that was the first thing I thought of when Mom sent it to me!

It worked too, Lee will tell you all kinds of only sort of true stories about me wandering off and how he found me by that jacket.


We were making double rainbow jokes before we realized it really WAS a double rainbow.


Hey look, it's Missy and Bennet!  We haven't gotten to hang out in person in a year and a half.  Hooray!


I wished we'd realized at the time we were taking the pics that there are some unfortunately placed poles and signs behind us.


Yeah, like the parking sign growing out of my noggin.

So, on our camera alone, we took over 350 pictures in four days.  I'll slowly be working on getting them posted here, though I am considering going on a strike till someone says SOMETHING back to me.  Because I'm like that.

But for now, I'm off to make dinner for my sweetie pie.  Peace out, yo!

4 comments:

Thoughts by B and M said...

Great pics! Miss you all already!

Tanya said...

I laughed out loud at the My Fair Lady reference. :)

Giffysk8s said...

I certainly do care about your stitching progress! But I haven't been on blogger for a week or so. Can't wait to see the rest of your Spain photos! I hope you purposely took more with signs coming out of your noggin.

CCsMom said...

So don't diss the coat, man! I thought it would be good for you and I got it at a good price -- so yeah, I was thinking about my kid when I saw it. Besides, I KNOW you like that color!