Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Accolade, Part 6

So perhaps you were expecting more Spain pictures, but since today is the first of the month that means it's time for a cross stitch update instead.  April's Scarlet Quince project was The Accolade:


And here's what I have done so far:


Yeah, that's still a lot of white space.  I'm at only 21% done so far, with 31,878 stitches completed out of 150,000.  I did 2,387 stitches in April, which is actually more than I thought I would get done considering I was sick and then we went to Spain, so I didn't even put in a single stitch until the middle of the month, and then we spent 4 days in Amsterdam too.  And hey, any progress is good, right?


There's the detail of where I was working.  I had to finish the top of the window to finish out the last page on the top row and since that only happened like a week ago, I figured I'd just hang out on the far right side of the pattern instead of doing the typewriter-return thing and going back to start on the leftmost page in the second row.  So maybe when this one comes up again in the rotation I'll just keep working on this row right to left instead of left to right.  If I do that, I'll get to the faces of the bystanders next to the window so lots of color changes there.

This piece is the biggest one in my current rotation and also the one I've done the least stitches on--I'm like more than 10,000 stitches ahead of this on Eilonwy, and somewhat to my surprise I'm also about 2,000 stitches ahead on The Quarry as well.  Not that it's a race, except for with myself I suppose.  Ah well, May's project will be Rain Blossoms, which is slightly punny given the April showers/May flowers line.  Ta-ta for now, peeps!  More Spain pics next, if you're lucky.  Bwahahahaaa!

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

Wow, you are jamming! Wish I could be a super fast stitcher as are you. I ,ight actually finish something then!