Monday, June 17, 2013

Holland, Part 2: In Which We See Tulips

Apparently, the photos of the city of Amsterdam weren't that interesting to you guys (or at least no one commented), so I'm gonna move on to what you really want to see:  tulips.  We took a bus out to Keukenhof and while it wasn't exactly tulip fields as far as the eye could see (it was a cold spring, lots of the outdoor flowers weren't in full bloom yet), we did see a LOT of flowers.  Not just tulips, but crocuses (croci!), daffodils, hyacinth, roses, lilies, and that's just what I can recognize.  I've whittled down our flower pics from about 250 to a mere 100 (what?  Lee gave me the camera and I *like* flower pictures!), so I'll divvy those up between 4 blog posts.

Prepare to be inundated by flower pictures.  And only occasional commentary by me.


Love the tulip on the sign.   Inside the park, there's lots and lots of outdoor gardens, and also several buildings with different exhibits, including one giant building with about three quadrillion flowers in it.


And there's Laura, Karen, and me...this pond with the fountain is just inside the front gate.  Late in the afternoon, we all met back up and spent probably two hours lounging in front of that fountain with ice cream.  It was *awesome*.  But on to the flower pictures!


I spy some croci!



I liked the way the sun was shining through these daffs.





Hyacinths aren't just purple anymore :)




This was inside one of the buildings and it might not even be a real flower?  But I liked the photo.


I spy with my little eye...some guy who's really nice about putting up with me taking a zillion flower photos.




Hey look!  At last, I found some tulips!



This is me getting artsy with my flower photography.  It's going to be REALLY hard to pick just a few flower pics for my scrapbook.  Glad I get to share dozens on here!


The last several tulip pics are all of flowers in planters, but up next we've got some planted out in the gardens:




Click on the photo to see it larger, the flowerbed is shaped like a tulip :)




And I leave you today with the multicolored hyacinths.  Fear not, we have MANY more flower pictures to come!

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Since I started at your most current blog post, I got to see all of the tulip photos first. :)

I love the tulip shaped flowerbed. Wonder if I can convince Rick to do that in our backyard...

Giffysk8s said...

Since I started at your most current blog post, I got to see all of the tulip photos first. :)

I love the tulip shaped flowerbed. Wonder if I can convince Rick to do that in our backyard...