Friday, June 21, 2013

Holland, Part 3: In Which We See Even More Tulips

*crickets chirping*

Oh well, I'm posting more flower pictures anyway.  'Cause I'm procrastinating about cleaning up my house for tomorrow's baby shower.


I have no idea what that weird sculpture thing is supposed to be, but from here, it looks like a rear end.


But (haha, I made a funny) it makes no more sense from this angle.



Karen and me!  I don't think our camera likes my bright teal jacket, because it rarely looks the same color in photos as it does in real life.  And Karen's jacket is forest green, not close in color to my jacket the way it looks here.


"One daff, alone, on a mission to save the world!"


Ok seriously, is this not the coolest flower you've ever seen?  It's called an orchid iris.  I never even knew there was such a thing!


I tried really hard to get some good pictures of it but those two are the best of the lot.  This pot of flowers was near a whole lotta lilies, and I'm allergic to lilies, so it was fun times.


I may be allergic, but man do they look pretty.  And I can look at pictures of lilies all day long without getting all fuzzy-headed.




And we're off to see more tulips!  LOTS more tulips.




How d'you like the edges of the petals on these?  I've never seen flowers like that before.



Most of these pics are inside the largest exhibit hall (where I took the majority of my flower pictures), and several of the windows had floral stained glass art.  This isn't the best picture, but I got a better pic of a daffodil one later on.


Kinda trying to give you an idea of the scale of these flowers...many of them were well over knee-high.  These aren't teeny tiny dainty tulips, these flowers are large and in charge!



Oh, see?  There's the daff stained glass.


I like this photo.  The colors make me happy...though maybe the exposure needs to come up a bit.


It's like someone outlined all the petals with a marker.  Mother Nature is just awesome that way.


Not a tulip :)  But still pretty nonetheless.




Betcha can't guess what I'm going to post next time.  Well, probably not that--most likely I'll have some baby shower pictures before more tulip pics : )

3 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I'm so jealous of all your traveling!! Miss you lady bird <3

CCsMom said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I know you were having a great time amid all those flowers.

Giffysk8s said...

I wish I could see all of those in person! I especially like the funky edged ones.