Friday, June 28, 2013

Holland, Part 4: In Which Tulips Take Over the World

Ready for more tulip pictures?  'Cause I've still got lots to share : )




Just love the colors on these ones and the next ones.



Ok, so to me this looks like some kind of hybrid tulip-lily.  It's a tulily!



More of the ones with the ruffled edges.



Such a pretty purple color!


Not a tulip, but still handsome : )






Not a tulip.  I may not know much about flowers (and I'm really, really good at killing plants) but I can at least recognize a hydrangea.  Speaking of which, Lee says the one in our backyard has some buds on it, which is proof that it thrives the more I ignore it.  Because if I tried to take care of it, it would be dead by now.




That's not some weird lighting trick on my part--it was just one sunbeam shining on that particular flower : )




This one kinda looks like a plumeria to me.


Artsy tulip pics ahead!




And can you believe I'm STILL not done with the tulip pics?

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm not sure what's going on with my reader but I just discovered that I missed a bunch of your posts so went back and read them! So jealous (but love reading about) all your travels and love the cross stitch! I need to dig out some of mine to add to my yarn rotations! I'll be in London in a month and I cannot wait; I miss it sooooo much!

Giffysk8s said...

So, so pretty! Especially the purple ones. I, for one, am glad that you have more tulip pics. Keep 'em coming!