Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Holland, Part 5: The End of the Tulip Pictures is in Sight

If you're reading this on the day it's posted, then I'm in Paris stuffing myself silly with crepes and eclairs and croissants and cheese.  But your consolation prize is the last batch of tulip pictures from Holland.



Stripey tulips!





Ok, I love this picture!!  You shoulda seen me crouching down and doing contortions to get the camera under these tulips.  But I loved this one.



I really like this one too.  Seems like I had a bunch of pictures that came out a little underexposed, until Lee told me how to finagle the exposure on the camera.  Then voila!  So now I need to adjust the exposure on the dark photos.





Love just the hint of purple on these ones.




There's a cross stitch pattern on Scarlet Quince of a sunflower seen from the back, so I thought it was amusing to take this one of a daff from the back.




Aren't these ruffley edges cool?




So I thought there would be tulip fields as far as the eye could see, but this was about it.  This year was a cold spring so many of the outdoor fields weren't in full bloom yet.


We got to go up inside this windmill (which is how Lee took the field picture above).


Lee also got this pic of a beautiful cherry tree.


One of the last things we did was go in another exhibit hall.  There was a tableau put together and it had marbles all over the bottom of a planter, but there were some bare patches and other places where the marbles were all stacked on top of each other and Lee caught me moving the marbles around to fix the bald spots and he's like WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON.  Hey, my OCD would just not let that one go.


There's Lee and his new shoes : )  Until next time!

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

Why, I am soooo behind on your blog! Love all of your artsy flower photos. You are really good at taking pics! LOVE LOVE LOVE Lee's new shoes!