Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Invasion, Part 7: Harry Potter

Dad said YAY POTTER so here we are with more Invasion pictures.  Lee and I took the Invaders to the Harry Potter studio tour outside London; you might remember that we went last year and it took me three posts to get through the pictures (here, here, and here).  Sooooo it's going to take another three posts this time because I took A LOT of pictures, this time with our big camera.  Some of the pics might look similar to the first go-round, but hopefully I got some higher-quality shots this time.


The tour starts out in the Great Hall, which is AWE.SOME.  And the entire place is a photographic challenge due to the low light conditions, but I gave it a valiant effort.


This is where the House points are recorded, green for Slytherin, blue for Ravenclaw, red for Gryffindor, and yellow for Hufflepuff.  From reading the books, I always imagined this being really, really large and set into the wall.


Dumbledore at the podium to give the start-of-term address.


I sneaked back into the Great Hall just before they let the next crowd of people in and managed to get this wide shot.


Ice sculptures:  not really made of ice.


Chocolate goodies:  not really made of chocolate.


But a few of the Educational Decrees put up under Umbridge's reign of terror in Order of the Phoenix.


Elf and troll armor.  I'm rather chuffed with this pic as I took it by standing on a bench and holding the camera up over the fence around the prop cage.  Not bad for not being able to line it up looking through the viewfinder.


The Gryffindor common room.  See the painting on the right?  That's a young Minerva McGonagall with her cat form as well, since she's an Animagus.


More common room, you can see the squashy armchairs and shabby carpet.


McGonagall's portrait.


Ok, so I'm kinda fascinated with the giant clock from Prisoner of Azkaban (my personal favorite of the movies).  It took a LOT of tries to get a fairly clear pic.


Costumes for Hermione, Ron and Harry.


Bottle of Skele-Gro from Chamber of Secrets, also in the prop cage.


I think maybe this was from a Gringotts vault?


Ravenclaw's diadem turned Horcrux.


Work surface in the Potions classroom, and is it wrong that I want a copy of Advanced Potion Making in my own library?


Potions ingredients.  I don't even want to know how one harvests bouncing spider juice.


Well, this one isn't quite as clear as I might like, but it's Molly Weasley's clock that shows where all the members of her family are:  work school, Quidditch, mortal peril.  You know, the usual places.


Costumes for Sirius, Tonks and Lupin.

Back next time with more Potter paraphernalia.

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Let's see if it will let me post here. I think I screwed something up. Anyway, good photos!

CCsMom said...

It worked!!! So glad to talk to you this weekend! I miss you!

Giffysk8s said...

I really wish we had done this. Guess I need to return to London! I never noticed that portrait of McGonagall before. How did I miss it? I agree with you~The Prisoner of Azkaban was my fave, too. I have such a love/hate relationship with Umbridge. She's nasty and deplorable, but she is such a great character. Can't wait for more pics!