Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Invasion, Part 8: More Harry Potter

If you're waiting on the edge of your seat for a.) the next bit of news on my continuing wrist issues or b.) more Harry Potter pictures, you're in luck today, 'cause I have both.  First up, my wrist:  I was told by one doc that I'd need surgery on my right wrist because one of the bones in my arm was too long in relation to the other one.  So yesterday I had my second consult with an orthopedic surgeon in Cambridge, and he thinks that while my bones are in a nonstandard configuration (read:  I'm slightly deformed but it seems to work okay for me), my issue is a tendon problem rather than the bone thing.  So he gave me a steroid shot (the shot itself was far less painful than I thought it would be, so thank goodness for that) and said to give the shot up to 6 to 8 weeks and see if it helps with the chronic pain.  If not, we can discuss surgery to alleviate pressure on this tendon.

Today, my wrist hurts pretty abominably, but I'm not sure if that's because of the steroid shot or because I did two gym workouts earlier this week and stupidly worked out arms on Monday.  My wrist hurt yesterday morning before the doc appointment, so maybe it's the shot *and* the workout.  Either way, I'm kinda wishing I was left-handed.  Which makes me want to watch the Princess Bride (ten thousand geek points if you know WHY I want to watch the Princess Bride without me 'splaining the left-handed thing).

So if you're here for the Harry Potter pictures, you probably just skipped right over all these wordy words and went straight for the pics.


Bad guy wardrobe!


I think I said this before, there's a case at the end of the first soundstage where they've got tons of books and printed stuff that you see in the movies, and I couldn't get good pics of that stuff last time so I swear I spent a good half hour there this time taking TONS of pictures.  Here's the tome entitled Hogwarts:  A History, which Hermione was so fond of quoting.  And it looks fantastic.  Fun fact:  You see tons of books in Dumbledore's office; they're actually phone books covered with aged leather.


Kitten stationery from the dreaded Dolores Umbridge.


For some reason the Chocolate Frog always looks black in pictures; really it looks like it's made out of chocolate though I bet it's not.


More books.  Hermione studied ancient runes; they brewed Polyjuice Potion in Chamber of Secrets from Moste Potente Potions, and Neville Longbottom told Harry about gillyweed after reading 1000 Magical Herbs & Fungi.  That, or it was the Herbology textbook.


I think this ad for a station wagon broom is absolutely hilarious.


Dark Arts textbooks...love how the one on the right looks like a useless '60s reject pamphlet.


Harry's first Hogwarts Express train ticket.


And a couple of the letters Harry received toward the beginning of Sorcerer's Stone.


The Dursleys' house on Privet Drive.


And my dad on the Hogwarts bridge.


Yay, this time it doesn't look so much like I'm trying to take pictures up the goblins' noses.


Luna's lion hat that she wore to Quidditch matches.


Scary mermaid from the Black Lake, as seen in Goblet of Fire.


Here's a pic to give you nightmares, this time my picture of Aragog from Chamber of Secrets actually turned out pretty well.


Hungarian Horntail from Goblet of Fire.


Once again, I am disappointed the pictures on the newspapers don't move in real life.



Mom in front of mini-Gringotts.


And we'll end today on a pic of some of the signs in Diagon Alley.  That's it for today, the last third of the Harry Potter pics coming your way soon.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

A left handed sword fight comes to mind... ;)
Except for the Aragog photo (I skip the spider scenes!) this is so cool! I loved your HP pics last time too. :)

Giffysk8s said...

These turned out great!

LOVE all of the books! Now I want to reread all seven novels. And rewatch all of the movies. This weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

OK, I get the points too!

Dad

Thoughts by B and M said...

so I'm thinking we are going to have to come back and visit so we can do the HP tour ;)