Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Quarry, Part 7

It's a new month and that means it's time for a stitching update.  Since I reshuffled my rotation, this month's project is The Quarry:


I really didn't make very much progress this month, but I didn't really expect to what with the Invasion taking up the first half of July.  Add to that my continuing wrist problems (I have my first appointment with an orthopedic surgeon next week), and the fact that this piece is almost *all* confetti stitching, and I'm kinda surprised I got as far as I did.  Oh yeah, that and I rediscovered my love of scrapbooking so I've kinda been focused in that direction : )


So there it is, with a whole lotta white space still left.  I squeaked out 1,340 stitches in July (quite frankly, I'm amazed I broke 1,000) for a total of 34,904 done and 96,064 left to go.  Here's a closeup of where I was working:


I'll be honest, I think with the overabundance of confetti on this piece, it's my least favorite to work on.  That being said, I do enjoy seeing a new section finished because it doesn't look like anything until you get a pretty solid area done, so I'll keep at it.

The project for August is The Accolade, so we'll see how far I get with that one.  Until next time, peace out!

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I think my geisha has enough color changes for me -- I don't think I'd be brave enough to attempt this one, but you go, girl!!!