Friday, January 31, 2014

Rain Blossoms, Part 3

I took a few months off from my stitching rotation, and then at the beginning of this month I had to study for that test (still no news on that front), but after that I was back at the stitching with a vengeance.  January's project was Rain Blossoms:


Definitely our colors:  blue, green and purple.  When I last left off, I hadn't made a whole lot of progress on this piece, but I stitched like a madwoman this month.  Check it out:


I've now completed 20,529 stitches out of 60,300, so just over 34%.  I more than doubled my previous progress--I did 11,836 stitches this month which my handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet says is the most I've done in a single month ever.  Even more impressive since there were some pretty good sections of confetti in there.  Here's a closeup:


I am very pleased with my progress this month : )  I just couldn't stop until I'd completed the entire figure under the umbrella, including shoes, but I finished that up last night so tonight I'll probably start February's project a day early.

I think once I finish one of the projects on this rotation that I won't replace it, I'll work on a three-project rotation.  It seems like such a long time to come back around to any particular project again.  Percentage-wise, Eilonwy is closest to being done, but Rain Blossoms is so much smaller than the other three that it has the fewest stitches left to go on it.  However, I think I may skip the next rotation since we'll be moving again in the middle of it.  Don't think I'll have a whole lot of time for stitching while we're in the middle of that, plus all the travel we're trying to squeeze in before we leave Europe.

That's it for me, I'm off to do some journaling on a scrapbook layout (when I finish this one I will have accomplished my 10-page goal for January) and then break out Eilonwy and watch some TV.  Have a good weekend, peeps!

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Oh, I like the colors on the real piece so much better than the pattern. How cool is that?!!! Yes, I think I've completed THE MOST crochet projects ever THIS month. I should put that down and start cross stitching, but I have several left unfinished yet. Guess I'll be crocheting for the month of February.

Thanks for sharing. I LOVE IT!!!