Hello, friends! We're a little past time for another cross stitch update, this time on The Accolade:
And here's how mine looks now:
This time I completed 9,779 stitches, for a total of 46,899 or 31% of 150,000. Hey, it's progress! And I got to start on the queen. She looks kinda weird and radioactive since I couldn't get her finished.
The reason I'm late with this post is because I decided to start clearing out my needle boards in preparation for our move. No way I could move the boards with dozens of needles sticking out of them, all the needles would get bent or broken or fall off the board and it would be a mess.
Unfortunately, just using up the floss on my needle boards is tedious work and results in funny radioactive-looking cross stitch people. I think I had about 80 needles to start with on the boards for this design, and by the time I got down to about the last 15 or 20 I'd had enough and just called it a day. I mean, the little bit of floss I ended up tossing out isn't going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things and I was going cross-eyed. But that's why I've got scattered stitches on the queen and the bottom right continuing the people in the background.
Next up, I'll be clearing out the boards for my other projects and then put away cross stitching for a while because of our move back to the States. But I'll re-start my Scarlet Quince rotations as soon as I can once we're settled in Alabama.
Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Cake Roll
28 minutes ago