Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Baltic Cruise: St. Petersburg, Part 4 (Church of the Spilled Blood again)

So we've been in Texas for almost two weeks now, and I don't think it's sunk in yet that we're coming back to *live* in America and not just visiting : )  I have a feeling that a whooooole lot of working out is in my future because we've been eating out a lot...and tonight I'm having Mexican food with two of my favorite people from high school!

But for now, are ya ready for some more Russian pictures?  We're back in the Church of the Spilled Blood for some amazingly beautiful mosaics.


I can't imagine how long it took to make these, and they're all over the inside of this church.


Even the floors are beautiful!


There's a close-up of the I-don't-know-what-the-technical-name-for-this-is.


Another gorgeous mosaic, look at those colors on the clothing.  And Russians really like gold.


I think we would have had to spend several hours here to soak in all the beautiful mosaics, but alas, we didn't have that much time.


And there's a mosaic of the Imperial eagle on the outside of the church.  Don't ask me why it only has one head.



'Round the back side of the church.


Sooo...this one makes me think of ice cream.  Anyone else?  Just me?  Ok.



No idea what this little building is, but it's across the street from the church.  We thought it looked pretty fun.


Proof that we were there!  And that Lee has nailed the art of the selfie.

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

I'm thinking Dairy Queen, so yes, it does remind me of ice cream.

Hmmm, wonder if my mosaic attempt will be even half that good. I think not. Pretty daunting. But I've always wanted to try that. LOVE IT!

Thoughts by B and M said...

Wow! So beautiful!

Vicki Burns said...

Those blues are so pretty! For some reason, I didn't expect to see such bright colors in Russian buildings, but it's beautiful.