Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baltic Cruise: St. Petersburg, Part 7 (Neva River Cruise)

Wow, so I just typed a bunch of stuff on Part 8 and then realized that Part 7 hadn't been published yet!  Oops.  Guess it's going to be a two-fer today.

After the ride on the St. Petersburg metro, we met up with some other tour groups and did a cruise on the Neva River.  It was too cold to really want to spend a lot of time out on the deck taking pictures, though, so mostly Lee and I stayed inside the boat.  Lee did brave the cold for a little bit to take some pictures.


There's part of the Hermitage.  Seriously huge.


I think that red tower-y thing is a lighthouse?


There's the Peter and Paul Fortress; we visited it later on in our tour.


Boat...


Another boat...man, my commentary is fascinating.


Another building along the canal and sadly I have no idea what it is.


Lee tried very hard to get a riverside shot of the Church of the Spilled Blood, but there was always something in front of it.

Ok, keep scrolling down for Part 8!

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

It looks COOOOLD!!! Brrr. Boo on cold weather.

I was going to say about the #8 post, I really like the photo of the couple at the first. It seems like such a casual shot, although I don't think it was very easy to capture a casual shot back in those days since they had to hold the pose for so long. But yeah, it looks like you could talk to them, it's so life-like. I really like the mannequins of Rasputin and the "murderers". I mean, look at the hand of the one resting on the back of the chair -- very well done. Rasputin always fascinated me -- since I was very young. I think it was his eyes. They are piercing.