Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Baltic Cruise: St. Petersburg, Part 11 (Peterhof again)

I am almost done with the Russia pictures, I promise!  Only, like, two more posts after this one.  So here's some more fountains from Peterhof.


I think this might be the Eve fountain mentioned on the Wikipedia page.  Very cool photo by Lee, though, am I right?  By the way, Mom, Lee says you totally missed out by not going to the gardens at Versailles.  Good thing you had us there taking pictures for you.


We were on a bridge that goes across the canal here.



Lots more gold statues...



I like this picture.  The only thing I wish I could change is to make the sky blue, but if you believe our tour guide it's gray 355 days out of the year in St. Petersburg.



There's a view from the top.


A little photographic proof that we were there.


And to end your tour of the Peterhof gardens...


One very weird sign.  I mean, I know it's a beware of pickpockets sign, but when I first saw it I was like so the dude on the right is copping a feel and the dude on the left is happy about it?  But then I figured it out.  And I had to take a picture of the sign because it still looks a little bizarre to me.

Cheers, peeps!  And props to me for blogging again so soon :)

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

I LOVE that first fountain especially. Wow, what a place! Yes, I know we missed out not going through the gardens. I can't even remember what we did afterwards -- oh, I think we went back to Paris before you all did. We wandered a little outside of the palace, saw the police come and the keychain hawkers scurry like their tails were on fire. Now it's coming back. But yeah, these photos are great and I'm glad I have photos of the gardens at Versailles courtesy of you and Lee.

CCsMom said...

And kudos for posting again so quickly. You see I DO look regularly for new postings!

Vicki Burns said...

Lee's photo is AWESOME! I love trying to capture water in motion.

Ok, I totally thought the same thing about that sign before I read your comment. They need a sign editor!