Thursday, April 23, 2015

Wales: Pistyll Waterfall & Llanfair

Hey peeps!  I meant to work on this post on Tuesday, but I keep getting distracted.  So in my last post, we'd met up with a group of people and were staying at a horse farm in northern Wales.  Part of that tour was getting carted around by bus to visit the Pistyll waterfall and a cute little Welsh town, which I think was Llanfair but I might be making that up.


Admit it, you wish you lived here too.


There's me and it just so happens I am wearing that same Baylor hoodie as I type this.  This pic was taken on the little hike up to the top of the waterfall.


And there's the waterfall :)  Not, like, super-huge or anything, it's no Angel Falls, but it's pretty.


And there's little baby waterfalls.


View from the top...just totally gorgeous.  I love Wales, I wanna be Welsh now.


There's some flowers and I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about and say they're foxgloves.  Ooh, I just Googled foxgloves, and I might actually be right!


There's my wonderful other half : )


And me again, Margaret.


There's Lee with the obligatory pretend-you're-falling-down-the-waterfall pic.


The water isn't deep at the top of the falls, and there's lots of rocks to go across, so Lee took the camera to the other side and took this pic.


Last shot of the waterfall area, and now onto the village that might be Llanfair.


We saw this cool car when we were walking around the town; I found a little hobby shop that had some kits to cross stitch bookmarks, so I got one of a Scottish thistle in Wales and stitched it in England to give to my dad in America.


Sadly, we did not have the time to investigate the castle ruins on the hill, but I think it's a neat picture.  We did go to the Telford Bridge.


And discovered what fun it is to play with shadows.


Bridge selfie photo bomb!


And there you can see what we were trying to spell, about 6 or 8 of us.  I'll give you a hint, the first letter is L.


It's a happy little bridge ; )


One more goofy pic of Lee just chillin' on some playground equipment.  It's all fun and games until your butt gets stuck because you're not a skinny 7-year-old anymore.


Oh hey these are out of order again, so there's some greenery...somewhere...in Wales.


And one last pic of the bridge.  I'm not diggin' my Greek yogurt here so I'm off to go find something to snack on.  Cheers, peeps!

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

LOVED the bridge selfie photo bomb! And yes, there IS water on top of that bridge. It's more like an aquaduct or something? Is that what I'm thinking of?

I would love to live in Wales, too. Had no idea it was so beautiful. We could close our eyes and pretend, couldn't we?