Thursday, November 5, 2015

Eilonwy, Part 10

It's time (actually a little past time) for another cross stitch update post.  My project for October was Eilonwy, aka Take the Fair Face of Woman by Sophie Gengembre Anderson:


I've actually done more stitches on her than on any of my other Scarlet Quince projects.  I think she's my favorite, and here's what she looks like now:


I did not spill tea on the fabric, it's not really yellow.  I just took the picture at night and of course the lighting is terrible but it's enough to give you an idea of where I'm at.  I did a lot of work on that little thingamabob she's holding, which was a lot of confetti and eye-crossing before I got over enough to work on her skin.  It took me 3 weeks to get past the confetti bit so it's pretty amazing that I ended up logging 9,476 stitches last month, for a total of 79,625 and about 61% finished.  Closing on on two thirds!  For perspective, the Great Wave picture was done at 81,084 stitches.


And there's a closeup of the part I was working on.  I hated to switch over to a different project when November started, but I'm usually like that and after working on the Great Wave for a year straight, I do prefer to switch projects.  Keeps me from getting stale on one thing.

Cheers, peeps!

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, Kik -- that is something else. It looks like you are painting with your needle. Just incredible. Mrs. Totty says that you are a much more ambitious stitcher than she ever was. Can't wait to see my WAVE picture all framed up. I think I've made a decision on the spot to hang it -- I'll let you know where that is once I have it back and see how it looks there. LOVE this one -- she is definitely fair of face.

Wendy aka wendella247 said...

Wow, am I ever impressed with your cross stitch work. I've never seen anything so intricate. I'm in awe!