Friday, December 4, 2015

Charming Sunrise

Surprise!  I'm back with the last of the Ohio pictures we took in October.  We got up early on Sunday morning and went out to the wee town of Charm to take pictures of the sunrise...lucky for us, sunrise was at like 7:30 in the morning.  I'm not sure I'd be down with getting up early to take sunrise pictures in June ;)


We actually had a little bit of time to drive around and scout picture spots before the sun came up. 


You can see it's just starting to rise here.  And apparently that horse heard the camera, because the picture right after this one the horse has turned to look at us.  But you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't convert that photo to share here.  Oops.


I took this photo, and Lee really liked it which is funny because it was a really quick snap I took right before getting in the car to find another photo spot.


And there is rosy-fingered dawn making her appearance.  (In classical mythology, the gods and goddesses are described the same way over and over, and the goddess of dawn is always rosy fingered.  Hera is cow-eyed, and I think Athena has white or slim ankles.  It's just a thing.)


Is anyone else reminded of the Lion King?  Just me?  Something about the warm colors with the trees silhouetted in front makes me sing "in the ciiiiiirrrcle, the ciiiirrrrcle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!" but I'm weird like that.


Ooh, another barn shot.  The sunrise was behind us, so the barn was getting the full effect of golden light.  And also the Amish family that owned the barn was getting up and ready for church so Lee snapped this really fast and we left.  Is it weird to be out at sunrise taking pictures of people's barns?


We drove up a little hill and along this fence and I told Lee to stop and then I took about 60 pictures of fence posts.  Photographers can be a little funny like that sometimes.


So I just liked the texture of the wood on the fence post, and then the cool blues and greens contrasted with the warm oranges and rusts on the trees in the background.  Lee was very impressed when he saw these.


I'm not sure which one I like best.  I think we've been at this photography thing so long that I tend to gravitate towards more artsy shots when I pick my favorites.


Lee took this one, and it's not color corrected or anything; the sun was behind clouds and there was a hill shadowing this farm and so it looks almost like this was a black-and-white shot that was slightly colorized.  But this is pretty much what it looked like in real life.


One more farm in the hills...


And an Amish family walking to church.


This was the last place we stopped to take pictures before we went back to our B&B to stuff our faces with a ridiculously huge breakfast.


Last pic:  this post is part of a guard rail next to the road and I just liked the frost pattern on it.  Yeah, it's a regular old post.  See, I told you photography types can be strange.

Hope you enjoyed this brief tour of Ohio.

3 comments:

Thoughts by B and M said...

So amazing. Great pics especially the artsy ones :-). I love the relaxing atmosphere of charm

CCsMom said...

I think photographers see detail most people just skip by. So yes, they look at photos and think, "Wow, I never knew that was even there. And look how it is presented!" So yes, photographers do a service to the rest of us who blindly go through life not noticing the beauty in the littlest of details. THANK YOU!

Gorge Roman said...

Hey how much is the price for this building?