Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Snowmageddon, Part 2: Snowbear

Hey kids, we're still snowed in, but I think we might actually be able to leave the house tomorrow : )  But it was lovely to have a five-day weekend with Lee for my 8th annual 29th birfday!  So on Sunday (my birthday), Lee asked what I wanted to do, and I wanted...to build a snowbear.


Ya know what, Lee edited the pics I'm sharing today so they're darker and blue-er than if I had done them.  Weird.  Anyway, we didn't put arms on our snowbear, so I provided one for the sic 'em bears picture.  YOU'RE WELCOME, MISSY!


We had to work VERY hard to get this family photo with both dogs kinda sorta looking in the right direction and actually sitting.  I'm holding Sadie's collar because she's a flight risk.


And that's how tall the snowdrift was in the common area behind our townhouse.  I scraped down the snow where I'm standing until I got down to the grass, so I'm at ground level and the rest of that is snow.  Lots and lots and lots of snow.


And because Lee is a guy, he wanted me to take a picture of him doing a flying kick in the direction of the snowbear, which apparently activated Sadie's BatDog radar because look how cute she is with those ears.  Fear not though, the snowbear is still intact (though I didn't leave his accessories out there with him, so he's a naked eye-less and nose-less snowbear).

After we built the snowbear, we went back inside and Lee made me pumpkin pancakes for my birthday dinner.  Had I been thinking clearly I woulda said to add a cup of white chocolate chips to them, but alas I didn't think of it until he'd made all the pancakes.  Next time though, there will be white chocolate.  Oh yes, there will.

Our street was plowed yesterday, and Lee has cleared off the driveway enough to get my car out should the need arise, but for now he's still off work.  Hoping that things settle down by Thursday so I can still fly out to Texas.  In the meantime, stay toasty, peeps!

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOVE it! Such a guy thing. Ha! Does look super cold. You are coming to 70 degrees on Saturday. Tomorrow when I get you, it will be in the 60's. Isn't that incredible?!!! Can't wait to see you. This will be an exciting weekend for sure.

Thoughts by B and M said...

I love these pics so much (especially the first one) that I might print and frame and put in my office! You ROCK!