Monday, May 15, 2017

3 Month Photo Shoot

Hey y'all!  My mom mentioned over the weekend that she couldn't wait to see some 3-month pictures of lil Sodapop, so I got out the camera this afternoon to try doing a photo shoot by my onesies.  Lee got all the great pics last time so let's see if I got any good ones this month, eh?


Okay I actually took this last week.  Yes, Ryan was asleep on the floor in the kitchen.  I put him on the baby blanket on the floor while I washed dishes and before I finished, he'd flipped over onto his belly and gone to sleep.  Oh yeah, we quit swaddling earlier this month because he can now roll over from back to front, and yesterday I saw him roll from front to back for the first time.  And now he wants to sleep on his belly all the time.  He's also spent some time sleeping on a dog bed before.  I excel at this parenting thing.


Okay so here's the first pic from the photo shoot today...that I'm sharing, anyway.  And can I just say HOW ADORABLE IS HE IN BABY JEANS.  I die from the cute.  And fashion points to Mama, those socks actually match the trim on his onesie (thank you Aunt Missy!).


I know his arms are blurry but that facial expression just makes me giggle.


That's a pretty sweet smile, too.


So at three months, Ryan likes eating (a lot), growing (even more), and music.  Like seriously, I finally found someone who appreciates my singing voice.  He gives me the biggest grins when I sing to him and he's recently started "singing" along.  We've been listening to the Beatles and the Beach Boys lately; he likes both, but I think his favorite song is "Good Vibrations".  He does not like taking baths or cold baby wipes (but the expression he makes--and the way he moves--when I put a cold baby wipe on him is just HILARIOUS to me, I am so mean).


Yeah, he appreciates that he amuses me.  Heh.


He's gotten really good at keeping his head up when he does tummy time, so I thought we'd try a few pics on his belly this month.


And again, baby jeans are just SO CUTE.


I sang to him while we were taking pictures but he just wouldn't give me one of his ear-to-ear grins; I think he had some fat puppy syndrome because as soon as I put the camera away and put him in his swing he fell asleep.


And here he is sucking his thumb, which is another thing he likes to do.  Usually the left one.


I think I did pretty good on this one, I like his eyes in this photo.


Thinking serious thoughts.  I do like this plane onesie.  He's got a ton of clothes, and he actually seems to like changing his outfits--he smiles at me a lot as I'm trying to get arms through the sleeves.  Anyway, last time I put up his laundry, I unearthed a few onesies that had gotten stuck on the bottom of a stack of clothes that are still too big for him, so I pulled those out to the top of the stack for him to wear.


And there's the last pic from the photo shoot today.  If Lee gets home while the light is still good, he might try taking some more.  Oh, you wanna know what Lee and Ryan did for me for Mother's Day yesterday?  They started off by making me BB-8 waffles (waffle maker now on sale!), and then we did one of those clay impression kits with Ryan's handprints.  He was not a fan of that, he screamed the whole time we were trying to get his handprints done.  After that, Lee and Ryan dropped me off and I got a massage and a facial--I didn't even know I was going until 10 minutes before we got there!  Then Lee dropped Ryan off with some friends and we went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  Pretty awesome Mother's Day I think.

For now, I'm going to go try to finish up a scrapbook layout while Ryan is asleep. I have to start working on dinner in about an hour and a half so maybe he'll sleep that long...   : )

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

How does he even hold his head up with all that hair?!!! Too funny! So cute. You can definitely see the changes from last month. I just love it.

And we got the photos and picture today. Thank you so much. It's a very special Mother's/Father's Day gift!!!

CCsMom said...

Oh, I think his eyes ARE going to be blue, don't you?